Don't forget to comment for some Blog Candy!! You can see the details here.
I have been reading all my blog candy comments and a lot of you said watercoloring was one of your favorite techniques! Mine too! And so I thought I would share a couple cards I made over the weekend just for the fun of watercoloring--no challenges, no special reason, just for fun!
Here's a cute little hedgie stamped in Stazon and watercolored on Shimmery White paper. Very simply done, I added some glitter to my little butterfly. Isn't he sweet? Since Tea Party is not retiring, I pulled out a couple pieces I had left and did some layers with it and some Pretty in Pink. I tied it all together with some taffeta ribbon for a sweet thank you card.
Now, for a totally different feel, I stamped the flower from Friends 24-7 on watercolor paper, again in Stazon. I used some Bella Bleu papers and stamped off the flourish from the same set on some Very Vanilla for my circle sentiment. I also very lightly stamped the speckle from Itty Bitty Backgrounds on my image to give it a more watercolored look.
Hopefully I will have something later for the Clean and Simple challenge on SCS today---SPARKLE! Who doesn't love that!? Thanks for visiting!
- Stamps for Thank You card: Fast & Fun Notes, Short & Sweet
- Paper: Cert Celery, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Shimmery White, Tea Party
- Ink: Stazon, Cert Celery, So Saffron, More Mustard, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst
- Acc: Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Oval Punch, Taffeta Ribbon, Dazz Diamonds, Dimensionals. Aquapainter
- Stamps for Here for You card: Friends 24-7 , IBBG
- Paper: Naturals Ivory, Watercolor, Very Vanilla, Brocade Blue, Kraft, Bella Bleu
- Ink: Stazon, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand
- Acc: Aquapainter, Circle Punches, Daubers, Dimensionals, RR Brads, Taffeta Ribbon