Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rockin' Black


Today's color challenge on SCS was to use River Rock, Black & White. This is a really striking combination and there were lots of great samples! Mine uses a set that is on SU's dormant list. What in the world is that? Those are stamps that are still available for sale through SU, but are not in the current catalog. The set is called Summer by the Sea, and this image is simply stamped in Stazon Black and watercolored with River Rock by squeezing my inkpad and taking the ink from the lid. The background is stamped with Sanded; the left panel is stamped with Tres Chic AND Sanded, then the edges were sponged. I added some black grosgrain & black brads, and my card was done. Oh, I also ripped the edges of the white & black pieces, just to give it a rustic look. Hope you like it! Don't forget--you can click on the photo for a BETTER look!

5 comments:

Janine said...

This is nicely done and I love your bunny card. Round cards are so wonderful. Something a little different.

Kim said...

Love the color combo! I am going to have to try that one out. Not one I would have thought of. Great job :-)

Tracy said...

Great card. I really like this set, I have just loaded a card yesterday with the same stamp.

Alison said...

Very neat! It looks very elegant. Keep the great cards coming!

craftsbyjodi said...

cute stamp set... we have this set in the uk, but I haven't got it yet.