Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Own Inspiration Challenge


I was shopping the other day in a fabric store and saw this cute polka-dotted fabric in rich earth colors on a dark background. I thought to myself that I could stamp something like that! So this is my take on that inspiration. I had an idea also as to how to space the dots evenly, since I don't have that cute Papertrey Polka Dot set (yet), so maybe I'll do my first tutorial on that a little later, after I iron out all the bugs! It's not hard, just a tad time-consuming. This one took a little longer because I did it in Versamark, then colored each one with pastels. I am trying to use them a little more since they have been neglected! Since the background is pretty bold, I thought a sentiment was all I needed; when I saw the Father's Day stamp from All Holidays, it seemed just right--it was a bold design, just like the dots, and I could use the same Versamark/pastel technique as well. I added some twill & ribbon (hope that doesn't seem too feminine???) and it was done. I want to experiment with some different-sized dots, maybe in some spring colors this time! Thanks for looking!
Stamps: A to Z Accents, All Holidays
Paper: Kraft, Confetti White, Ruby Red
Ink: Versamark
Acc: Pastels, Q-tips, Twill & Grosgrain Ribbon

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love it and it is NOT too feminine. I love how you used the pastels and the color combo is great too! Great idea!

Silke Ledlow said...

I love this Father's Day card!!!
Beautiful colors and very fun!!!
I'm adding this to my favorites and I think I might have to case it for the event!!! TFS!!!

Janine said...

Love those dots... Great card. !!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome...love your polka dots! I'm dying to know how you lined them up so perfectly! This is a great Father's Day card, I often feel that we tend to make masculine cards really drab...this is anything but!

TheRugbymom said...

Every card you make is so cool! I would like to learn more about the pastels at our stamp club.
Cathey K.