Saturday, February 23, 2008

Inspiration Challenge



This was a tough, but interesting SCS challenge. We were to get our inspiration from this photo from Country Living. I must say, these colors together were certainly unusual! I wanted to use that funny green, but SU doesn't have anything that color, so I brayered a piece of Gable Green with Summer Sun and came pretty close! I also wanted to use the colors in the stack of boxes in the lower left, but I just couldn't put everything together and I almost gave up in frustration.Then I remembered a neat layout from Betty on SCS, so I decided to pare it all down and use her example. I added a little sentiment from the level 1 hostess set For a Friend, added a ribbon & some bling, and it was done. Definitely happy colors!!
Stamps: For A Friend, A to Z Accents, Trimtastic, Dotted Lines Jumbo Wheel
Paper: Bliss Blue, Summer Sun, Ballet Blue, Gable Green, WW
Ink: Summer Sun, Ballet Blue, Gable Green

Acc: Rhinestone, Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Foam Brayer

2 comments:

Alison said...

Very cute and very simple. Just the way I like my cards!

Anonymous said...

I love this! The trendy color combo and minimalist lines are something I crave when so many card designers are of the "more is more" idea. Thanks for showcasing this one!