Sunday, December 11, 2022

PP621 A Tree of Words

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Today is the Paper Players' last challenge of the year and Ann has a lovely color palette for us; check it out:

I just love those rich tones!  I wanted to make a special Christmas card for my neighbor, and I had an idea in mind, and these colors worked perfectly!  Here we go:


I had gotten the Impression Obsession set called Christmas Words at the end of last year and hadn't gotten it inky yet.  I remembered at a stamp weekend many, many years ago that Korin from Sweet & Sassy stamps used a word set to create a Christmas tree, so I worked with the words in the set, lining them up on my Stamparatus, and created my "tree":


I thought lining them up would be a breeze...but it was NOT!  I still didn't get a few of them spaced out exactly as I wanted, but I was ready to say "Good enough"!!  I stamped them in Evening Evergreen on Very Vanilla cardstock, then added an Evening Evergreen mat.  At the bottom, I embossed and diecut a sentiment from the retired Toile Christmas on Brushed Gold cardstock and mounted it on another gold panel:

I embossed the front of the Cherry Cobbler card with the Wrapped in Texture EF, and added a sentiment from the Toile Christmas on the inside:


The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches:

I hope you'll find time in your busy schedules to play along with us this week!  You don't have to make a Christmas card, either...these colors can be beautiful with florals too!  Check out what the whole DT made over at the Paper Players blog, then share yours with us too!

On Friday night, Cassidy, Dana and her friend Lisa and I went to a crafty neighbor's house to make little seaglass Christmas trees.  It was a lot of fun and we used a lot of hot glue!



For some reason, I missed taking a picture of Dana's and Lisa's, but here are Cassidy's and mine:


She added little bits of glass as "ornaments"; I did a rather poor job of mine, but I am giving it to the girl who owns the apartment that we rent each summer in Lewes, Delaware...her decor is beach-themed and will look much better there than in my house!  A tealight fits underneath the plastic form and really looks cute when it is lit! 

Thanks for visiting today...enjoy it and be blessed!  The Players will see you again in 2023!

"I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Toile Christmas (ret), Christmas Words (Impression Obsession)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Evening Evergreen, Cherry Cobbler, Brushed Gold 
 Ink Evening Evergreen, Cherry Cobbler, Gold Encore (ret)
Accessories Gold Metallic Pearls (ret), Mini Dimensionals, Gold Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Wrapped in Texture EF (ret), Christmas Cardinal Dies (ret), Layering Oval Dies (ret), Heat Tool, Stamparatus, Star Punch (ret)

17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I think you did an amazing job of lining up your Christmas sentiments especially since I've tried it myself and never did accomplish it!
Gorgeous royal colors, beautiful brushed gold and fun getting crafty, too - what a great weekend you have had!
=]

Wendy said...

How cool!!! Those little sea glass trees are such a wonderful idea and I bet your beachy friend that has the apartment will love this! Your card is just as lovely, LeAnne! I love how you made the word tree and how you incorporated the colors of the challenge! Well done, my friend! TFS and have a great day (even if it is raining)!

Jennie Maier said...

LeAnne, I love your tree card! I think the words look great! Love that embossing too! And what a cute idea with the beach glass! Thank you so much for the opportunity as a Guest Designer this year! I've had a blast creating with you talented ladies! I'll definitely still be playing along! Have a great holiday season!

Tracy Grauer said...

Your tree of words is really cute. I love your glass trees also!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely card for your neighbor! Cute little trees you girls made too!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I am impressed! I thought it was one big stamp and here you are lining up all the words perfectly! Love it! Great card! And I love that there is always creating going on at your house!

Ann Schach said...

What a creative card, LeAnne! Word trees can be tricky, but yours looks amazing. What a great job with the challenge colors! The sea glass trees are so unique. What fun! May you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hugs!

lichazul said...

Beautiful card 👏👏👏💐
Happy day ☺️

Jacquie Southas said...

Love your perfectly balanced word tree! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

You did an amazing job creating that tree! I definitely would have messed that up! Looks so perfect for Christmas! Love those sea glass trees too! They're so pretty and it looks like you ladies had a fabulous time! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Beach said...

Looks like you had a fun time crafting with your friends!
I LOVE your Christmas card with the words tree. You did some amazing stamping! The gold star and banner really dress it up. Great card, LeAnne!

Lorraine said...

I think you've done a great job with both of your trees - the stamped one and the sea glass.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Lining up those words was worth the effort LeAnne - this card is a triumph!! So effective - I love it! Cute seaglass trees too - I was about to say they would look pretty with a light inside, the I finished reading your post! It's always fun to try something different.

Jaydee said...

I love the sea glass trees - what fun you must have all had! As for the card. I love how you used the layout and how you created a tree with the holiday theme words. Genius!
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love this card. All those words are so meaningful! The little star is just perfect! I love the seaglass trees. So special to create these memories with Dana and Cassidy! WOW! She is so beautiful and grown up. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, My Friend!

Christy Lynn said...

What a great card, Leanne--I love how you lined up all the words to make a Christmas tree, that is a fabulous idea! Thanks for having me as a guest designer this year for the Paper Players, I've had a ball and will for sure play along as much as possible next year!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I didn't even notice the spacing until I read your narrative. I think this is a gorgeous card, all around. Those words are so fitting for the season and the pop of gold adds just the right amount of glitz and glam.