Sunday, December 18, 2022

JAI634 Furry & Bright Gift Bag

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Just a quick little post today; I always exchange gifts with a friend from church; she is like a mom to me, and although our gifts are very inexpensive (yard sale or thrift store finds!) they mean a lot to me!  The Just Add Ink challenge is "Anything but a Card" so it was a perfect opportunity to create a little gift bag for my present to her:


After a few false starts with the measurements, I finally got it right:


The final measurements of the bag are 3 3/4" high, 3" wide and 2" deep.  The bottom is 1" across.  My friend has several cats and dog-sits her daughter's dog every day, so I thought the cute retired Sweet Stockings DSP would be a good decoration!  I stamped a sentiment from Christmas Scottie and diecut it with a Tailor Made Tags die, then tied it with some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine to the Mossy Meadow Baker's Twine bag handles!


I am also entering this at the Double D Challenge this month, which is Christmas stockings!;



And do you want to see what I tucked inside the bag?  Here we go:


Isn't he a cutie? A bargain from Goodwill!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Scottie
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Cherry Cobbler, Sweet Stockings DSP (ret)
 Ink Cherry Cobbler
Accessories Thick Baker's Twine in Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Tailor Made Tags, 1/8" Punch (ret), Scoring Board

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, that is such a sweet gift bag and cool thrift shop gift! She'll enjoy both and it's very special that you do that with each other.

Vickie said...

Cute bag and love your Goodwill find….precious package. Well done.

I Card Everyone said...

Now you've done it all, LeAnne! A darling little second-hand gift and the cutest little handmade gift bag to deliver it in! [love that one grouchy cat!]
=]

Diane said...

Just the cutest bag ever!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, how cute that paper is! Being a critter lover and dog mom myself I get all squishy when I see something like this. What a find you have tucked inside there, too! Just darling! Thanks a bunch for sharing with us at Double D!!

Lisa Elton said...

How cute!! The bag and the gift!!

Kerry Parkinson said...

This furry friends gift bag is simply adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

Nikki Spencer said...

Super cute LeAnne! I’m sure your friend will love her gift and handmade bag. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink and Merry Christmas to you and the family. xx

Birgit said...

Your gift bag is super cute LeAnne, as is your heartfelt gift! I have a friend that I exchange second hand and thrift store finds with. I actually like that better than buying and receiving something new. Thanks so much for linking up with DD Challenges. You have a blessed day and Merry Christmas!

lisa808 said...

Adorable bag!