Friday, December 16, 2022

FMS566 Peaceful Deer

Happy Friday, peeps!  I really liked the FMS sketch this week (well, don't I always like their sketches, LOL?) and I keep needing just one more card!  So here's the sketch:

I can credit my friend Michele for enabling me to get these PTI deer; I saw her card HERE (scroll all the way down) and raced to get them for myself!  So here we go:


I think I might have overdone it with the embossing in the background but I love that Nordic look!  My deer were stamped in Cinnamon Cider and the plaid is an old SU paper from a couple of Christmases ago!  The Mossy Meadow greenery is from a Tim Holtz die and the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, fussy cut out and mounted on a Stylish Shapes die:


Another SSS sentiment on my Mossy Meadow base; although it looks like Old Olive here!


And it's in the mail!  Thanks for popping in today; enjoy it and be blessed! I am off to do my once-yearly trip to the mall! Wish me luck!

The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.  So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.  Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month.  For no word from God will ever fail." Luke 1:35-27

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Deer to Me (Papertrey), Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler, Plaid Tidings DSP??(Ret)
 Ink Cherry Cobbler, Cinnamon Cider (ret)
Accessories Rhinestones (colored with a Cherry Cobbler Blend), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Deer to Me Dies (PTI), Holiday Greenery Dies (Tim Holtz), Reindeer EF (Tim Holtz)

11 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this festive card! Those deer are the best and that embossed background amazing! XXX

Carol L said...

I don't think anything is overdone. I love every beautiful detail - especially that embossed background with the pretty plaid! It's wonderful!

I Card Everyone said...

I am so happy you got those deer, LeAnne - they are DEAR to me, too! LOve the cinnamon color, and that darling plaid!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

They look fantastic inked up in cinnamon! Wonderful card, LeAnne!

Wendy said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! Love those deer! I hope you packed you patience when going to the Mall yesterday! Everywhere we went it was crazy packed! Tis the season!

Vickie said...

I love all that is going on here, Adorable

Lesley's Stampin Trix said...

Always so fun Leanne, love the dsp behind those terrific deer!

AnitaR said...

Just love this card. Everything works together so beautifully!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card! I love those deer! They are too cute! Love the embossed background as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

How did I miss these fabulous deer?!?! So smart and stylish! Happy New Year!

Jacquie Southas said...

The folk art/rustic feel of this design shines in every layer! Thanks so much for playing along with FMS.