Saturday, December 17, 2022

AHSC503 Birthday Wishes

Happy Saturday, everyone!  I have a NON-Christmas card for you today!  How about that!  My January birthdays are coming up and I need some cards!  I used the Atlantic Hearts Sketch:


What a fun sketch, right?!  But I didn't want to put a big bow on my card, which makes it a challenge to mail, and I didn't have many bow dies!  But I persevered, used some Celebrate Everything DSP and a couple bright colors, and NO stamping on the outside:


My "ribbon" is strips of Poppy Parade and Basic White, which was embossed with a die from Ellen Hutson called Stitching Lines.  The bow itself was made with two diecuts from the retired Pierced Blooms dies, and I added a little Crushed Curry flower and rhinestone:


The sentiment is from Poppy Stamps, called Simple Best Wishes, and I diecut it in Granny Apple Green and mounted it on a banner from Stylish Shapes.  I added a simple birthday sentiment on the inside!  One down, a few more to go!

A couple more photos from Longwood:





These may be duplicates...I can't remember what I've already shared!  Anyway, this tree rotates very slowly so you can see all the sides!  Just stunning!  And although we haven't seen the lights at Longwood in the evening (the tickets sell out quickly), you can click on the link below to see what they look like:

Longwood Lights

Longwood was voted the #1 Botanical Garden by USA Today!  And the lights you see are only a wee little fraction of what's actually there!  Thanks for popping by! Enjoy your day and be blessed!






 

6 comments:

Tracy F said...

What a bright pretty card! Love the bow! Thanks for the pics from Longwood. I love going there anytime of the year but Christmas is the best. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

I Card Everyone said...

A darling non-Christmas-y birthday card that is sure to please!
Thanks for all the Longwood photos, LeAnne - I'm not one bit surprised that they are #1 as we sure would have voted for them! I have to say we have a wonderful garden here in Grand Rapids, too. We also loved the St. Louis gardens, Birmingham gardens, and another beauty in Oregon... can you tell it's one of our favorite things to do while traveling?
=]

Tracy said...

Thanks so much for showing us the botanical gardens, the Longwood Lights, and all the other pictures that you take, and pictures of where you have gone. We live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and have to travel quite far to see those things. I think you live in a lovely area.

Lisa Elton said...

This is filed with fun and sure to make anyone's birthday a happy one! GREAT photos and how fabulous that they are #1!

Brandi said...

I love Christmas cards, but it is always refreshing to see a bright fun coloured card pop up in the middle of the Christmas greens and reds! I love that rainbow striped paper and how you did the bow, fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Anna said...

What a fun and colorful card. The bow is super cute and I love all of the details. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team