Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Dollar Store Inspired TGIF398

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I feel like shopping and cookie-baking has taken over my life and my stamping time has been put on the back burner! I did have a few minutes last night to finish a card I started earlier in the week!!  I got this cute little jar last year at the Dollar Store and filled it with a bottlebrush tree, some greenery and a couple of red bells sitting on some cotton batting:


I thought it would be fun to recreate it (except I didn't realize until after I did all my diecutting that the blades were GOLD!) on a card!  So here we go:


I think it would have looked fabulous with gold blades, too...maybe I'll do another!  Here's the sketch from TGIF that I used:



I used an Avery Elle skate stamp and die and a Papertrey gingham stamp.  The AE stamp set also has the greenery and berries, and I used the Wintry embossing folder for the background panel:


I used a Tim Holtz die for the holly in the corners and a Lil'Inker bell, along with a Lawn Fawn sentiment:



Finally, a Kaiser sentiment on the inside! I gave a lot of different products lots of love! (And truthfully, my background paper looks a lot more orange in the photo!)

Thanks for visiting today!

After we made our sea glass Christmas trees, Dana brought her friend Lisa to our house; she had never stamped before, so I set up the Stamparatus (in my very messy craft room), cut some paper and cardstock and they each made a card:


They did a great job!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Peace Joy Love (Lawn Fawn), Holiday Skates (Avery Elle)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Evening Evergreen, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Home for Christmas (Violet Studio), Brushed Silver (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black, Evening Evergreen, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories Dimensionals, Floss
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Wintry EF, Bell Die (Lil'Inker), Holiday Greens Dies (Tim Holtz), Holiday Skate Dies (Avery Elle)

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I love your little jar and its contents were the perfect bits of inspiration! I'm not one bit surprised that you had a stamp or die to replicate each item! All those companies came together perfectly!
You are a very talented teacher, my friend! Well done ladies!
=]

Lorraine said...

You captured the feel of that little jar wonderfully!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little find at the dollar store and you've recreated it it beautifully! Dana & Lisa made pretty cards! Great job, ladies!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your card is a great take on your jar contents - I love the corner embellishments too. yay to your new stampers too - didn't they do a great job?!