Tuesday, July 19, 2022

RRCB187 Hope

 Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Time for a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we use stamps that are at least a year old or older---give those stamps some love!  Today we have a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge!  I am sure you'll be able to find something on the grid to inspire you!  Here it is:


Of course I chose the top row across of circles, birds and diecut!  The problem was what bird to choose!  I remembered this pretty CTMH paper called Skylark that I 've had for a couple of years, so I pulled it out and that was the base for my inspiration:


The quote is from a SU set called Friend to Friend (2004), and it was stamped on Very Vanilla in Lost Lagoon ink, then diecut with the Stylish Shapes dies and backed with a retired doily and another circle of Crumb Cake.  I stamped a few "stitched" around the outside edge with the Stitchery stamp (2021) and distressed the edges.  I added a little bird diecut and some organdy flowers that I've been hoarding for several years as well, LOL!  And you may be able to see a tiny little bit of the Young Vermillion stamp (2011) that I stamped in Soft Seafoam right up at the very top right hand corner of the DSP. All the rest of the images are part of the DSP itself.


I stamped the Vermillion again on the inside of my card with Versamark ink, and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment (also from Friend to Friend) on the inside.


I haven't made a vintage-style card for a long time, so I was thrilled to be able to put some of these elements together to create one!  I hope you'll play with us at Retro Rubber this week too!  Remember to check out the date of those older stamps (Splitcoaststampers has galleries where you can find any SU set and its age) and tell us the approximate age!  See you there! 

Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps  Stitchery (2021), Friend to Friend (2004, ret),  Young Vermillion (2011, ret),
Card stock & Papers     Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon (ret), Skylark DSP (Close to My Heart)
 Ink Sahara Sand, Lost Lagoon, Versamark, Craft White (to lighten bird), Old Olive
Accessories Dimensionals, Organdy Flowers (ret), Doily (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Bird & Blooms Dies (ret)

10 comments:

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne! Gorgeous paper and I love that little bird and the flowers! Lovin the vintage feel to this, too! Great job on the challenge! :) Stay cool this week....a heatwave is in the making!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I love every. single. precious! detail of your card today - but especially that wonderful quote from Miss Emily!
=]

Jean S said...

Wow! My jaw dropped when I saw this card. I LOVE EVERYTHING about it! The softness, yet vintage aura. The sentiment, the birds, the border stitching. All just perfect. What an inspiration. Jean ~

ebethk said...

What a beautiful card!!!! Some of my favorite colors...Lost Lagoon...sigh.
I so love the vintage look and you have such a gift for creating those.
And my favorite little die-cut bird!!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Love this card! I still have some of those flowers, too. They are gorgeous, which prevents me from using too many. hahaha! Hoarders gotta hoard!

Vickie said...

Such a sweet card…and you know I love Vntage also. I am so impressed you remembered you have that CTMH paper. I love that sentiment also…I have it.

Tracy Grauer said...

This is a beautiful card, LeAnne! I love the soft vintage look and especially that quote!

Bonnie said...

I always love your vintage cards, LeAnne! This is no exception. Beautiful and peaceful!

Heather said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! I recognize that tiny bird die, lol, how awesome to see it! I so love your colors here, too, I'll keep Soft Seafoam forever, lol...

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely sentiment to go on your lovely card!