Wednesday, July 6, 2022

ACC480 Green Hippo

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Have you ever seen a mint green hippopotamus?  Me either, but in the stamping world, you can create anything! I am using the fun sketch from Atlantic Sketch Challenge along with the Hippest Hippos set, still making a few samples for my club girls next week!  Here's the sketch:


I used a pretty plaid from the SAB paper called Rings of Love, along with some Mint Macaron DSP to get started:


I watercolored my little hippo and gave her some pink toenails and a bit of Blushing Bride blush on her cheeks with a Blender Brush. Her little umbrella was diecut with some Sweet Sorbet DSP and I added some details to it with some Blends and a black marker.  Of course, since she's so hip, I added some sunglasses and mounted her on an oval that was embossed with a polka-dotted embossing folder.  The final addition was a scalloped mat of Blushing Bride and the cute little sentiment!


And I am going to enter this at the JUGS challenge this week, which is mammals!  

Since I already had another set of DSPs cut, I decided to make another card; this is a Christmas one, using an older Papertrey holly berry set along with a new SU Christmas set:


The foliage was stamped in Mint Macaron, berries in Sweet Sorbet and Real Red; the sentiments were stamped in Sweet Sorbet and the front one was diecut with the Labels Aglow die:




Thanks so much for popping in today! 

A few pix from my morning walks:

A Great Blue Heron in my neighbor's pond:


A little bunny who didn't seem to be too shy at all!  I also saw a chipmunk, but he scampered away before I get my phone out!


When I came past a big tree, I am not sure who was more surprised, the deer or me!  She stared at me for a few moments, then she was off!




 Enjoy your day and be blessed!

First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hippest Hippos
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Poppy Parade, Mint Macaron DSP, Sweet Sorbet DSP, Rings of Love DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Hippo Dies, Layering Ovals Dies (ret), Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Checks & Dots EF, Aquapainter, Blend, Black Marker, Wink of Stella


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Brightest Glow, Beautiful Berries Winter Christmas (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Poppy Parade,  Rings of Love DSP,  Mint Macaron DSP
 Ink Mint Macaron, Sweet Sorbet, Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Labels Aglow Die, Layering Ovals Dies (ret), Stitched Shapes Dies (ret)

16 comments:

City Dweller said...

Great card. Green hippo? Why not?
How lucky you are to see such amazing wildlife on your walk.
Your countryside looks so beautiful. You really are blessed

Vickie said...

Sweet cards and I love your adventure on your walk…looks like my walks. Coyote dashed in front of me the other day. Like lightning. Was told they can go 70mph…it was a dash..Have a blessed day LeAnne…Enjoy the moment…and I think you always do.

Kampin' Karen said...

Now that's what I call a complete nature walk...'specially the bunny! When I saw the Hippest Hippo set, I didn't want it...now I do just because of the sunglasses...so cute! I love your non-traditional Christmas card too. Your club girls will have fun.

I Card Everyone said...

Hip hippo hurrah, LeAnne! She's as cute as can be and seems to be fully enjoyed the lovely stage you've set for her! This could be my favorite SU color combination so far - and I LOVE the plaid! It's a fun as it is pretty!
Wish I could share that lovely walk with you!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Nothing like starting my day with a smile! So cute! Pretty holiday card too!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Very cute card & I love the contrast of the plaid & dots background papers. I can see you truly had fun making this card!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Bonnie said...

Two awesome cards, LeAnne! I love the paper, especially the plaid and it's so versatile! Perfect for this fun hippo and for a beautiful Christmas card! Lots of wildlife on your walk today. We have several rabbits in our yard that DH has been feeding. When one of us goes on the deck, they'll come hopping over looking for a treat. We had a deer in the yard the other day too. We live smack dab in the middle of a city and see more wildlife than we did when we lived outside of town! Our scenery isn't as pretty as yours though.

Tracy Grauer said...

I love this sketch! Love that DSP and love your sweet hippo and Christmas card! You nailed it! Beautiful pics along your walk! What a blessing.

Nancy said...

I don't know which is cuter the umbrella-toting hippo or seeing her in sunglasses. Both cards are great, LeAnne. Thanks for sharing your wildlife pics too. Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls. Take care!

Lisa Elton said...

All of the other hippos must be green with envy over this sassy gal! Such a a cute card, LeAnne. So happy to see in in our JUGs gallery! Love your second make too, very pretty. So many visitors on your walk today! We have a Blue Heron nesting area near us and see them fly over quite often!

Tracy F said...

Two fabulous cards! I love the colors and the hippo with her cute sunglasses made me laugh! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... your hippo is very HIP! Love the sunglasses...so cute. Love the critters on your walk! Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Dena J said...

Both marvelous cards with this week's sketch! The sun glasses on the hippo are too cute. Thank you for sharing your projects with us at AHSC

Jennifer Kelly said...

Well I love your mint green hippo. He is very jolly & ready to dance in the rain. Great job. We appreciate you playing along with us at AHSC.

Anna said...

Both of your cards are really wonderful, especially the colors and all of the different textures and patterns. Thank you for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge and hope you can join us again soon.
Anna, Design Team

SmilynStef said...

that little hippo makes me smile