Saturday, July 23, 2022

CAS Mix It Up Things with Wings

Happy Saturday, peeps!  I stepped a wee bit out of my comfort zone with the CAS Mix it Up challenge for this month:  Things with Wings!


So here we go, although I am not sure if the watercoloring is the "main element"...oh well!:


I had a piece of 3" x 6" Very Vanilla cardstock already scored for another (unused) project, and a piece of watercolor paper already cut to this size, so I thought I'd used them together. I heat-embossed a Tim Holtz butterfly image in black, then added a watercolored background to each one.  I chose blue, green and purple so I could play with the Seize the Birthday challenge:


I used Mint Macaron, Balmy Blue and Highland Heather inks with an aquapainter and just blended them into each other:


I did a bit of speckles with some Highland Heather ink.  The background looked a little blah, so I coated it with some Wink of Stella.....that really jazzed it up a bit!  Too bad you can't see how awesome it looks here!


I added a sentiment from a really old Crafty Secrets bird set, but I thought it was appropriate since it was about wings!


I added a birthday sentiment on the inside and it's added to my stash!


Thanks for visiting today!

The kids went to Driftwood Beach on Jekyll Island recently:



It's a pretty amazing place!  Check out that driftwood!  It's hard to imagine how huge these pieces of wood are!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hold on to Hope (ret), For the Birds, Garden Notes (both Crafty Secrets), Butterfly Melange (Tim Holtz)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Watercolor, Purple Posy (ret)
 Ink Versamark, Stazon Black, Highland Heather, Mint Macaron, Balmy Blue
Accessories Dijmensionals, Black Embossing Powder
Tools     Aquapainter, Heat Tool, Wink of Stella

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I think your card is spectacular. I love the colors you chose for your watercoloring and that stamp is da bomb, especially with the images being embossed. WOW! that is some BIG driftwood. It's a great pic of your loves.

Bonnie said...

Your watercolor background is beautiful, LeAnne! I love how the colors blend into each other! It's a perfect place for those butterflies to land! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

ebethk said...

Love this card. The watercoloring is beautiful. Mine always seems a bit blah.

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely, LeAnne - I think your pretty, watery background fits the bill beautifully!
I've always wanted to go to Jekyll Island but never knew this is what is found there! TFS
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

This is a great card with wings and you choice a nice shade of blue, green and purple for the color challenge! I love the sentiment. Your family is beautiful on that amazing driftwood beach!

HilaryJane said...

Love those butterflies with that watercolour background, those colours are amazing. Your watercolouring definitely has a focus on this card. thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up this month xx

Linda said...

I love how you've watercoloured the background for your butterflies, the colours blend beautifully together. Thak you for playing along at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Beautiful watercoloured background in gorgeous colours, LeAnne! It really shows off the lovely silhouette butterflies. The sparkle makes it even more special. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! That driftwood is AMAZING! xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercolored background for your stamped silhouette butterflies, LeAnne. Perfect for the CAS Mix Up Challenge..so pleased you joined us:-) TFS the cool photos of the Driftwood beach and your kids too. Hugs..Nancy

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card, Leanne! I can't get over how seamlessly the colors blended together. What a perfect sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and your pics are wonderful too!