Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Fusion Beachy Birthday

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  The middle of the week already!  My niece's birthday is coming up and while she is a dog fanatic, she also loves going to the beach, so I thought I'd use the Fusion sketch and theme challenge to make a card for her:

 

I used both the sketch and the inspiration photo, using stamps and elements from Friends are Like Seashells, Biggest Wish and the A Little Smile kit from SU:


I embossed a Basic White card with the Seashells EF, then added some papers from Kaisercraft along with a embossed panel of Seaside Spray:  


I stamped and embossed the sentiment in Craft White ink and embossing powder to begin. I heat embossed and diecut a starfish from the Seaside Seashells dies; the sparkly starfish is from the kit, and the smaller shells are diecuts from Impression Obsession.


I stamped the small sand dollar from the kit in Sahara Sand; the fronds are also from the kit.  I added some Linen thread behind it to add a beachy touch.  And on the inside, I stamped a sentiment from  Friends are Like Seashells:
Hope she likes it!  Thanks for popping in today!





Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends are Like Seashells, Biggest Wish, A Little Smile Kit
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Seaside Spray (ret), Pen & Ink DSP (Kaisercraft)
 Ink Seaside Spray, Sahara Sand, Craft White
Accessories Linen Thread, Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder, Elements from the Kit
Tools     Big Shot, Seaside Seashells Dies, Heat Tool, Seashells Dies 176E (Impression Obsession), Seashells Embossing Folder

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

What a great beach card AND beautiful pic of your family.

Wendy said...

Super cute card, LeAnne! I love the colors and all those beautiful seashells! Your niece is sure to love this! Great picture of Dana & her family! The lighthouse stood out to me in the background! Looks like they had a nice vacation! TFS and Happy Wednesday!

I Card Everyone said...

As pretty as all your elements are, I'd have a hard time covering one bit of that gorgeous embossing, LeAnne! You did GOOD my friend! Just love that little sand dollar!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LOVE this card!! It's so relaxing and soothing! Great pic of Dana, Wayne, and Cassidy, too!! Definitely frame-worthy.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, that's a fabulous embossing folder! Love your beach-y themed card to bits, LeAnne!

Laurie Unger said...

This is awesome, Leanne. I love all the details, from the embossing in the background to the added shells, starfish and sanddollars. great take on the sketch too! thanks for sharing over at Fusion.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Just beautiful - so calm and serene!

Linda Callahan said...

Fabulous beach card! Perfectly detailed - and oh that embossing folder!

Claire Grantham said...

WOW! LeAnne, this is stunning. Those little shells at the front at the bottom look real! Love the embossing folder too. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT