Monday, September 27, 2021

TTTC132 Spooky Halloween Card from Cassidy

 Happy Monday, peeps! We had a very busy weekend and I have stamp camp tonight, so I didn't get any stamping done!  However, Cassidy decided she wanted to enter a challenge and make a Halloween card, so I helped her out a wee bit!  She chose to do the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for this week, opting for the right row down of embossing, patterned paper, and Halloween:


A few weeks ago we had gone to an Amish stamp store and she picked out some pretty "pour" papers from Paper Rose.  She chose to work with a purple and black one for her card today:


She stamped and fussy-cut some ghosts and a banner sentiment with a CTMH stamp, but before she adhered them, we had to figure out how to get the embossing in there!  I remembered I had a spider-web folder, so she embossed her paper with it, but it really didn't stand out.  So she took a sponge dauber and sponged white craft ink on it and it looked amazing!  Spooky and foggy!  She diecut a little spider from some black glimmer paper, then adhered everything with dimensionals:


We adhered everything to a Basic Black card.  She prefers to write personal messages on the inside of her cards, so she opted to write it in a glitter pen instead of stamping something, and I didn't share that.  But she DID insist on taking the photo of the card (and adding the watermark) herself, using my photo box and my faithful old camera:


She did a great job, too!  And here are a few more pictures of our day at the bay:




Enjoy your day and be blessed!  And thanks for visiting to see Cassidy's card!

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hello Pumpkin (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Basic White, Black Glimmer, Paint Pour DSP (Paper Rose)
 Ink Memento Black, Blackberry Bliss, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Spiderweb EF (ret), Little Treats Dies (ret), Sponge Dauber

14 comments:

GerriK said...

Great card Cassidy! Love the spider!

Kampin' Karen said...

Cassidy, you did a wonderful job on your card. You have a great helper too! The idea to sponge the web was perfect. Hope to see more made by you and Grammy.

Wendy said...

Super spooky card that Miss Cassidy created! I love it! She did a fa"boo"lous job on everything especially the fussy cutting, which I hate to do! I love that she knew exactly what to do to photograph her card & edit it....I struggle with that everyday! LOL Well done to her and I love her card!

Barb R said...

Love your card, Cassidy! The patterned paper is perfect and the spider web looks amazing. Good job!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Cassidy, I do LOve to get my spook on!! I love your fun poured-paper, embossed web, and the glittery spider that lives there!
Ask Grammy to show you MY spider on IG!!
=]

Lorraine said...

Great job Cassidy! It's wonderfully spooky and definitely shows great skills, especially that fussy cutting!

Ruth Ann Vincent said...

Cassidy, you did a great job on your card.
I'm not much on Halloween, but with your fussy cut,
and spider. , I really liked your card.

Nancy said...

Cassidy, your card is fanatstic! I sure wish card making was a thing when I was a kid! You did such a wonderful job! The colors and background are super cool!!! Maybe you will have your own blog someday!

tonilea said...

I really like your card. It was a stroke of genius to use the white ink on the spider web. Great job. I think I will try that myself. Wish I had some of that great pour paper though. Maybe I can do something with alcohol inks that will come out similar.

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a fantastic Halloween card, Cassidy! I love that dark, spooky background and how the white ink makes the spider web stand out and look even spookier! Great ghosts and banner too! And you even got fantastic photos! This looks like a winner to me.

Lisa Elton said...

Awesome job, Cassidy! I like the spooky ghost hovering over that web!

Betty said...

I love making Halloween cards and your card is terrific, Cassidy - and love the pour paper background with the sparkly spider web - thanks for joining our TTT challenge this week - crafty hugs, Betty

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Awesome card Cassidy - this is so full of texture and interest and that spider is just the best!

lisa808 said...

Cassidy, what an awesomely spooky Halloween card! Love your sponging idea.