Wednesday, September 29, 2021

TSOT526 Simple Hello

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  We're on the downhill slide to the weekend!  I thought the sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesday was a super one, so I made TWO!  


Here's my first one, uber-simple, great for a masculine birthday, and it uses Christmas papers for a non-Christmas theme!  


I used Tidings of Christmas DSPs, a Crumb Cake card base and Kraft for my stitched leaf.  The Ornate Frames tag features a sentiment from Best Year stamped in Evening Evergreen and embellished with a little Linen Thread bow:



To create the diagonal panel, I used the largest Stitched Rectangle die and angled it so that longest edge cut across the 4" DSP.  The second one is more feminine; it uses DSPs from Harvest Meadow, and a pretty flower from Color and Contour, stamped in Calypso Coral, Pale Papaya and Soft Succulent:


I used the label die from Pierced Blooms and a Tailor Made Tag with a sentiment from Celebrate Sunflowers; I also added a little smattering of Sequins for Everything:

Thanks for visiting today!

So remember the tree branch that broke off from a tree in our yard less than a week ago?  And I said I didn't see how the other branches could hold themselves up?


Pulled the topmost part of the tree off, and we didn't hear a thing!  John went down the driveway on an errand and noticed it!  We'll probably take the rest of it down...he had just gotten the first portion cleaned up!



More wood for our neighbor!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, both beautiful, but I adore your 'masculine' card most of all! It's that wonderful neutral Christmas dsp - and your sweet stitched leaf!
I'm so sorry about your tree - and all the work John has to repeat!
=]

Heather said...

Love this LeAnne - these leaves are my runaway faves these days - that stitching, just perfect! A gorgeous and simple take on our sketch - love it! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards. That leaf looks like it's cut from suede. Yikes - the tree! Thank goodness it went in the diretion it did and no one was around.

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful cards today! Love the leaf on the first one. Too bad about the tree :(

Kathy said...

both are great takes on the sketch, and I really think they are both great...good colors. I'm always looking for masculine ideas!

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, BOTH your cards are great! You used our TSOT sketch are wonderful. Thank you gor sharing them and your creative talents with us!!! -Donna