Friday, September 24, 2021

FMS504 Happy Fall Flowers

Happy Friday, peeps!  I got a couple new stamps last week (like I need more, right?!) and the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches was perfect for it: 

I haven't jumped on the slimline card craze too much...I think I am just lazy and don't feel like finding envelopes to fit, LOL!  But I challenge myself and here's my wee little slimline creation using a happy little image from Impression Obsession:


The size of my card is 2 3/4" x 6", and I used papers from Peaceful Prints and Harvest Meadow for my accents.  The image was stamped on Very Vanilla in Stazon ink and watercolored, then fussy-cut. I stamped on the DSPs as well to continue the pattern, and added a sentiment from Banner Year:


I know the sketch only uses two horizontal panels, but I had to add a third....my adhesive went over the top edge a wee bit and I could not get it off; the more I rubbed it with my adhesive eraser, the worse it got!  So I covered it up with a narrow piece of orange glimmer paper and added some Wink of Stella to my flowers centers and now it's sparkly as well!  I am also going to enter this at Krafty Chicks for their "All Occasions" challenge, and the TGIF challenge for their "pumpkin theme!!  


Thanks so much for visiting in today! 

We had a pop-up storm yesterday and another branch from our big pine tree bit the dust!  At least it didn't fall on John's garage...he was inside when it happened!  Yikes!  I had been waiting for this to happen....those branches were just too big and I knew they wouldn't be able to support themselves too much longer!  Now to get out the chain saw, tractor and dump trailer...big boy toys!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Banner Year, Sunflowers and Pumpkins (G12370 Impression Obsession)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Peaceful Prints DSP, Harvest Meadow DSP, Orange Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Stazon, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Aquapainter

14 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Wow, I'm glad that didn't come down on the building too! Your card is so you! I need more Impression Obsession stamps. Like I don't have SU stamps! You are a blessing.

Vicky Hayes said...

Ouch! It always makes me hurt when I see a damaged tree but what a mercy it didn't fall on John's garage and that no-one got hurt.
I love your card and the added sparkle is wonderful so hurrah for the adhesive spill! Of COURSE you need new stamps!! Vicky x

I Card Everyone said...

We ALL need new goodies with the new season, LeAnne! These little Autumn darlings were meant for you AND a mini-slimline!
So sorry about your pine - looks like it might be time to say farewell.
=]

Kathy Hunter said...

Such a vibrant card, puts me in the mood for fall! Glad your husband did not hurt, pine trees can be dangerous for sure!

Bonnie said...

So bright and pretty! Glad the fallen limb didn't do any damage.

Bonnie said...

Oh, and thanks for sharing with Krafty Chicks!

Lorraine said...

Love the card - so beautiful for fall. Funny my husband told me we lost a large branch of a tree the other day too. Luckily it didn't fall on him cutting the grass.

Heidi Keeney said...

That's a Happy card! I also don't like to see a broken tree😩 our neighbor has a huge tree one big branch looking like yours.

Tracy Grauer said...

Cute card! I love that image and the colors you used. Yikes on the branch breaking! Hope the clean up goes well!

Linda Callahan said...

Your fall lineup is fabulous! Perfect colors!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Amy O said...

I love these cute Fall images and how you've arranged them over the pretty dsp layers! Fabulous card, LeAnne!

Jen Timko said...

The glue was a happy accident because I love the orange glitter! This is all that I love about fall. So happy to see you this week at FMS!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Splendidly beautiful card. It embraces and shines out with the warm, wonderful spirit of fall.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life