Thursday, July 1, 2021

TTTC120 Embossed Friend

Hello there, stampers!  It's time for a new Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for Team X!  Ashwini is our hostess with this awesome grid:


I chose the middle row down of die cut, flowers and heart for my card today; I was inspired by this napkin from the latest Martha Stewart magazine:


Rather than use a leafy design, I chose a floral design from Shaded Summer, embossing it in white on Blushing Bride:


I wanted to kick it up a little bit, so after diecutting the embossed image, I added a scalloped mat in Misty Moonlight and mounted it on some Blushing Bride DSP. I added the word "friend" by taping off part of a sentiment from the same set and stamping it in Misty Moonlight as well, then diecutting it and adding a couple little hearts coated with Shimmery Crystal Effects:


It's hard to see, but I did do some clear embossing behind my circle image as well. I wish that my white embossing powder was a truer white...does anyone have the same issue with their SU white embossing powder?  Maybe mine is just OLD!  I would love to find one that is a brighter white! I'm open to suggestions!  Anyway, I hope you'll play with our grid this week and pop over to the Tic-Tac-Toe blog to see what the others created!  Thanks for stopping in today!  

We were playing velcro ball a couple days ago and Cassidy threw the ball on the shed roof!  Uh oh!  But she had no fear about climbing up on the ladder to retrieve it!




Thank goodness for young legs and good balance!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Shaded Summer
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Blushing Bride, Misty Moonlight, Blushing Bride DSP
 Ink Craft White, Misty Moonlight, Versamark
Accessories Dimensionals, White & Clear Embossing Powder, Shimmery Crystal Effects
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Layering Circles Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Heat Tool, Triple Heart Punch (ret)

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

While she was up there, did she clean the gutters? LOL! Pretty card. I love TTT's so maybe I'll play this week.

I Card Everyone said...

Ha!! Karen took the words right out of my mouth!!! LOL
LOve your darling, feminine card, LeAnne - and Martha Stewart magazine! I miss it, but found I could NOT throw one away!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

And last week we were shooting foam rockets and Emma's dad launched one onto the porch roof - so he had to climb out of an upstairs window onto the roof! Emma thought it was a hoot! Always fun with the kiddos around! Oh sweet card too...lol!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty Napkin and a pretty card! That bouquet of flowers is so sweet. Looks like grampy was keeping a watchful eye ;)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so pretty LeAnne and I love to see your inspiration. My white powder is a little dull too - but I think it's age, I'm nearly at the end of the pot and I've had it ages. Glad it's not only us that send the kids up ladders - we currently have a cricket ball in the garage gutter that needs rescuing!