Wednesday, July 14, 2021

FMS494 Color & Contour Thanks

 Happy Wednesday, peeps....I am a tad bit late, but finally made my post!  I was playing around with the new SU pastels and an image from Color & Contour, and decided it would fit today's Freshly Made Sketches sketch:


And here we go:

I stamped my image in Memento Black, then used the pastels to lightly color in, blending them with a cotton swab.  I am a little disappointed that they don't have a RED....oh well.  I used the matching dies to cut it out, then trimmed it out a little more so that the Flirty Flamingo DSP would show through.  I used two panels, cut with a Stitched So Sweetly die, then layered them together to create a longer one.  The heat-embossed sentiment is from Free as a Bird:


The upper portion looked a little naked, so I colored a couple of acrylic dots with a Dark Basic Black Blend, then mounted everything on an embossed Basic White card.  I was a little upset too, that the Checks and Dots embossing folders are narrower than a regular card front, but I found you can emboss one portion, then re-position the embossing folder, matching up the last line of dots, and run it through again and it works perfectly!  So happy!  I love plaid and polka dots!  Thanks for visiting today!

Some more slime fun with Lucy and Emma!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Color and Contour, Free as a Bird
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder, Acrylic Dots (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Heat Tool, Basic Black Blend, Checks and Dots EF

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

It fit perfectly! Love your card and I'm so glad you got the pastels. Slime...that's a different story!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a sweet card. I love the simplicity of it and of course the pinks;)

Lisa Elton said...

Scallops, polka dots and a pretty little... what could be sweeter? Well, maybe Miss C, Lucy & Emma!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the pink plaid LeAnne and the sweet flower looks so pretty coloured softly like this. Interesting that you say the EFs are narrower than usual - perhaps they're european A6 size instead of your US A2? Just a thought. It does my heart good to see Cassidy having fun with her friends :) Vicky x

Narelle Farrugia said...

So veeeeerry pretty! Your card is so clean with all that white space. I love the addition of the DSP you've used and the flower is a lovely touch too. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!