Tuesday, July 27, 2021

GDP302 Scrappy Halloween

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I had a productive stamping day yesterday and was able to make some samples using some new goodies from the upcoming holiday mini!  The Global Design Project sketch is a great one to use up DSP scraps, but truthfully, I hadn't even broken into the super-cute Cute Halloween DSP yet, but I willingly cut some into strips to make a fun Halloween card!  Here's the sketch:

And here's my card:


I cut 1/2" strips of the DSP and mounted them on a Basic White card after embossing the front with the Stitched With Whimsy die.  I mounted them a bit wonky for a playful look.  I added a sentiment from Little Delights, also using a Stitched With Whimsy die, and added a jack and cat that I fussy cut from the same DSP.  For a little extra color interest, I added an Old Olive banner under the sentiment, stamped with bats from the same set.  Finally, I colored a couple of rhinestones with Blends for some sparkle!


I still had some little strips left so I decided to make another card with them; this time I embossed my card front with the Dots embossing folder, then added a sentiment from Sparkle of the Season, and I added a wee little bit of gingham ribbon:


Either my eyes are getting bad or my magnetic plate slipped, because my sentiment is definitely a bit wonky too!  Oh well!!  Thanks for popping in today!


Another cute one from the kids' vacation:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Both Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sparkle of the Season, Little Delights
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Cute Halloween DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Old Olive
Accessories Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Black & White Gingham Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched With Whimsy Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Dots Embossing Folder, Blends

3 comments:

Tracy Grauer said...

Super cute! Love this use of DSP!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute way to use the patterned paper, these are fun!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the fun mix of patterned paper and the way you embellished the sentiment with the faces - a cute Halloween card!