Saturday, July 10, 2021

Stars & Stripes Christmas

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Are you staying cool?  I guess I shouldn't complain, it IS July and July is normally HOT, so I made a couple of Christmas cards to help me stay cool!  They use the sketch from TGIF Challenges, the Stars & Stripes challenge from Jingle Belles, and the Krafty Chicks challenge of Christmas:


Sadly, since these papers are neutral, the photos don't really show how nice they are...but here they are anyway:


In going through some of my older DSP, I found these Festive Farmhouse papers from 2018 and though they would work nicely for the stars and stripes theme:


I cut one sheet of each of the pattern, layered them together and cut them at an angle, so I had two sets of DSP to create two cards! 


I diecut some stars from some silver glimmer paper, then heat-embossed a sentiment in silver and added one to each card:


I finished by adding a sentiment on the inside, and now I have two more Christmas cards for my holiday stash!  Thanks so much for popping in today!  

My niece was visiting a few days ago and Cassidy took her two little ones out to play, where they each found a feather!  (Although it looks like Emma has hers in her mouth, trust me, she didn't!)  I quickly took a picture then made them take them back outside...my mom always told me feathers had little bugs in them and I've never quite gotten over that!  Anyway, we know Cassidy's was from a bluejay, we think Lucy's was from a hawk and we're not quite sure about Emma's...maybe a crow!  They were very proud of them regardless!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps O Holy Night (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Silver Glimmer (ret), Festive Farmhouse DSP (ret)
 Ink Silver Encore (ret)
Accessories Silver Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Mini Treat Bag Dies (for the stars, ret), Heat Tool

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the ship lap look and the little bits of sparkle! These are wonderful, LeAnne. Sweet P found feathers on so many of our walks that she wanted to keep. We sealed them between waxed paper and then washed her hands... thoroughly!

SmilynStef said...

Those papers are perfection ... love the design ... so glad you joined us for Stars & Stripes for Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Linda Callahan said...

Very cool designs! Love these papers!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, could these BE any cooler?! what a fun combo of stars AND stripes, fab design AND a brilliant use of the supplies to make two awesome cards! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

That is great designer paper! Using that sketch, it was brilliant to create two cards just invert the pattern. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - DT