Wednesday, July 21, 2021

CAS Twinchie Poinsettia

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Halfway through the week!  There are lots of Christmas challenges out there, so I am throwing my hat in the ring for a few of them!  SUO wants Christmas in July; CAS Christmas wants a poinsettia; and AAA Cards wants a "twinchie" with the option of Christmas! 


So here we go:


I began by diecutting a mini poinsettia from Poppy Parade cardstock using the smallest Poinsettia dies.  I gave it a bit of shading with some Real Red ink, offsetting two layers together.  The Garden Green leaves are from the same die, and I used some gold Glimmer paper from a past Holiday mini catalog a few years back for the center.  It went on a panel of Basic White that I ran diagonally through the retired Basketweave embossing folder:  

The "twinchie" can't be any bigger than 2", with nothing over the edge, so when I stamped my sentiment from the retired Seasonal Chums set, I cut it out with a Tasteful Labels die, then ran it through again to shorten it so it would fit within the 2" requirement.  I used the same Glimmer paper to create a scalloped frame to finish it off.  It all went on a plain Basic White card front!  Another for my Christmas card stash, and my Christmas club girls just might see this one some time because I really like how it came out!  Thanks for popping in today!

Yesterday at dusk I came home from a meeting and the sun was SO RED in the hazy sky, I just had to stop and take a picture.  It's not very clear, but hopefully you can get the picture!  My nephew told me it was reflecting the fires on the west coast!!




Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Seasonal Chums (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Gold Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Garden Green, Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Tasteful Labels Dies, Poinsettia Dies, Layering Squares Dies (ret), Stitched Shapes Dies (Ret), Basketweave Embossing Folder (ret), 1/4" Circle Punch, Sponge Daubers

16 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Great photos of the sun, that was awesome...although the fires are not. LeAnne, you are the queen of CAS! I love this!! However, when I try to do it myself I just can't seem to get past having so much white. You'll see in my post today! I must have some of Mr. Monk's qualities in my personality...lol!

Vickie said...

So lovely….clean, simple and elegant. Love it

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and absolutely beautiful LeAnne! That was quite a bit of requirements to fit in a 2" space, but you did it with flying colors in my humble opinion!! Lovely, lovely card LeAnne, and thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!! Marcia (DT) :0)

Colinda said...

So pretty!

Heather said...

Very nice, LeAnne - love this CAS look, but that touch of texture really sets off the perfect little poinsettia! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

Nora Noll said...

First, that card is DARLING!! I love that little poinsettia. I like how you framed it with the sparkly frame and used the same sparkle for the flower center. Just so beautiful.

As for your photos-we saw the same thing last night but in a blue sky. It was so weird. I wanted to take a photo but we were driving on our way to get ice cream and my husband would not stop. It was said that the sun was like this with all the haze due to the fires out west. We live in CT so that is just mind boggling!!1

Linda said...

Beautiful, CAS card, LeAnne. And the red sun is so pretty too. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Lisa Elton said...

You've packed a whole lot of pretty into that two inches! I just read an article about the fires and smoke doing this to the sun. Your pictures are terrific!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable....and I never knew what a twinchie was! And yep the sun is looking weird these days....

Jane said...

Stunning! Love how your twinchie draws the eye, just spectacular! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this - so much festive detail packed into a 2" square!

CraftyHunnypots said...

Love this LeAnne the gold glimmer with the basketweave on top look perfect for the Poinsettia to sit on really effective. Love the sunset photos beautiful do hope the fires are under control? Thanks for taking part in the SUOchallenge hope to see you next time x Natalie Arnold

Loll said...

LOVE your sweet layered poinsettia, LeAnne! It's so perfect with the basket weave embossed background and the gold, glittery framing. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

ÅsaJ said...

Such a pretty card, perfect for out twinchie challenge at AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Christy Lynn said...

Fabulous CAS Christmas card! Love how you added so much depth to the poinsettia with the ink shading. Thanks for joining our challenge at SUO Challenges, hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge starting soon!

angelstamps said...

What an amazing use of negative space. It definitely draws your eye to the "twinchie" and all the gorgeous details.