Saturday, July 4, 2020

Three for the Fourth

Hi peeps, Happy 4th of July to my American friends!  I had a very crafty day yesterday, plus I got almost everything on my "to-do" list done!  It was a productive day!  I have three cards to share, for several challenges...I don't do that too often, so bear with me!

The first is for FMS; I needed a birthday card for a very special lady at church.  She is a tower of strength despite illness and losing her daughter, always volunteers to help for anything that is going on at church, even before I ask,  and has the most positive attitude and cheerful smile ever!  I haven't used these pretty Peony Garden papers, even though they have lots of Petal Pink  (not my favorite pink), and I thought they would look nice on her card.  So here's the sketch:

and here's my card:


After cutting my oval and circles from the Stitched Shapes dies, I embossed the white one with the Ornate Floral EF, then added a fussy-cut daisy from Ornate Style, stamped in Basic Gray (stamped off once) and watercolored with Petal Pink and Pear Pizzazz:


I stamped a sentiment from Lovely You and added "wishes" from an old set called Endless Birthday Wishes....one of SU's first photopolymer set!  A few sequins scattered here and there, and it was done!  Here's the inside, stamped in Petal Pink and Smoky Slate:


My second card is a Christmas card, and I am entering it at the Krafty Chicks Challenge, which is "Stamp Act"...use a stamp.  I had purchased this digital stamp from Marcella Hawley after seeing it on a PP card a few weeks back...I loved it and had to have it.  It was sitting on my desk, colored but unfinished so I found some matching papers, threw it all on a Crumb Cake card base and called it done too:


It was printed on plain old computer paper and I colored it with Blends, then added a sentiment from Concord & 9th, stamped in Real Red:


Finally, a little nod to patriotic red, white and blue, I made this:


I have had this stamp for a long time, but don't remember who made it; there was no name on the wooden block. (My friend Vickie tells me it is from 100 Proof Press!  Thanks, Vickie!)  It was stamped in Misty Moonlight ink, and since it's so large, I left the card pretty plain, just added some Real Red gingham DSP and a bow of Misty Moonlight. The sentiment is from an old Unity set.  I just love these silhouettes:


I'm entering this at Little Red Wagon (Summertime Fun), Time Out Challenges (Days Gone By), and Color My Heart Color Dare's Inspiration Board:
    
               

Thanks for hanging with me this far!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

A lot of swimming and sunshine equals:





Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified-First Card
Stamps Ornate Style, Lovely You, Here's A Card, Endless Birthday Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Peony Garden DSP
 Ink Basic Gray, Petal Pink, Pear Pizzazz, Smoky Slate
Accessories Sequins from my stash, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Ornate Floral EF, Subtle EF, Aquapainter

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified-Second Card
Stamps Country Christmas Digital (Marcella Hawley, Joyful Noel (Concord & 9th)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Computer, Misc DSP from my stash
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Blends

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified-Third Card
Stamps Summer Children Silhouette (100 Proof Press), Sentiments O'Plenty (Unity)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Misty Moonlight, Real Red Gingham DSP (ret)
 Ink Misty Moonlight
Accessories Misty Moonlight Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies

20 comments:

VICKIE said...

Love all of these LeAnne...especially Children Fishing....you know how we love silhouettes and Vintage..I had seen that stamp before so I searched it. 100 Proof Press. Have started to get it several times....think I will now. Good luck on your cards.
HAPPY 4th OF JULY

Bonnie said...

Three awesome cards, LeAnne! Love the soft feminine look of the first! Great way to use the sketch! The Christmas card is lovely! I've just ordered the stamp set with that image. Thanks for the inspiration of how to color it! The red white and blue is a perfect patriotic image! Happy 4th!

Tracy Grauer said...

Great cards! You were productive! Happy 4th of July to you and yours!

A.Rose said...

Love those memories! Perfect use of the colors! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

sandie said...

wow you got all these cards made and your 'to do' list-you are superstar! All great cards-really like the texture on the first one and then for your Time Out card-the most perfect stamp for our theme-and so dreamy looking. I like it stamped in blue, this seems to give it that more 'dreamy, memory' feel and the gingham the perfect finishing touch! Looks like you had some fun in the sun too! Raining in London!! Thanks for joining Time Out x

Colleen Begley said...

Happy July 4th to you and the fam! Three cool cards. I love all of the little details on the FMS card and the soft peachy colors. Enjoy the day.

Gerrina said...

Maybe an old stamp, but that silhouette stamp looks super! A beautiful card with the blue and red! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your trio of cards - all different, all fabulous! Hope you enjoyed your 4th celebrations!

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of fabulousness LeAnne! I especially like the first one, so soft and feminine!

Jacquie Southas said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I love the colors, patterns and textures you used on the second one. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Joyce said...

Three wonderful cards. Glad you had so much time to be crafty, and also then to swim. Your Time Out card is so very perfect for our challenge. A really old timey silhouette, and I think your red and white paper is the perfect choice. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Colleen Dietrich said...

All three cards are awesome, LeAnne, and that sleeping pic of Cassidy made me LOL!

Kate said...

Your cards are lovely! I especially like the first one created for the incredible friend from church. May she be blessed through your friendship.

Such fun photos too!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Karren said...

Your patterns and textures work as the perfect background for that gorgeous flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Leanne said...

Fantastic, as always a delight, and be inspired by your creations. Way to go and thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/KC

Nance said...

Fabulous cards, LeAnne. I love that watercan "Christmas tree". So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Susan Renshaw said...

Three great cards - love the pale apricot colour scheme of the first!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color My Heart Color Dare
Challenges

Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great stamp and love how you inked in the dark blue as a silhouette, and like you say it didn't need much more than the red border...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Alyson Mayo said...

I just adore that image of the kids playing - it’s great paired with the paper and embellishments you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Cat Nowak said...

Great cards! I love the red & white check with the image of the kids. Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare!