Monday, July 27, 2020

All Things Fabulous for Summer

Hello, peeps, and happy Monday!  I am getting a laaaate start today, but it is Monday, after all!  I have a birthday card I made for a special friend who loves the ocean!  It uses the sketch from Fusion Card Challenge and the theme from Global Design Project:


So here we go:


So, this whole card was a bit of an experiment!  I recently got SU's stencils, and I wanted to play with them, so I stencilled the leafy pattern in Pool Party on some Whisper White cardstock, and added some of the "leaves" (that look like bubbles to me) from the new Life is Beautiful set.  They are stamped very lightly, but maybe you can see them here:


I added some Soft Seafoam seaweed using a die from Smooth Sailing and three little sand dollars from Seaside Notions:


They were stamped in Sahara Sand on white cardstock, and to give them a wee bit of color, I also brayered them to color them, then added a little darker color with an aquapainter.  My sentiment is from All Things Fabulous, stamped in Pool Party and I used the Banners Pick a Punch to notch the edges:


The last thing was to add a couple of sequins, and mount it on a Pool Party base.  And since my base is a non-neutral, I am squeaking this in at the last minute for the Seize the Birthday challenge, as well as the Always Fun Challenge of stencils!:


Thanks so much for popping in today!!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Seaside Notions, All Things Fabulous, Life is Beautiful (avail. August 4), Comfort and Hope (small bubbles)
Card stock & Papers     Pool Party, Soft Seafoam, Whisper White
 Ink Pool Party, Soft Seafoam, Sahara Sand
Accessories Sequins, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Smooth Sailing Dies, Banners Pick a Punch, Sponge Roller, Basic Pattern Decorative Masks, Aquapainter

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh yes, I see the bubbles, LeAnne! and adorable under-the-sea birthday card for your ocean-loving friend!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Oh those sand dollars are perfect for the sketch! Wonderful beachy card!

Nancy said...

I am a huge sand dollar fan and this card is wonderful! The background really works well too! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday LeAnne. I so appreciate it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is going to take your ocean loving friend right to the beach! It's lovely!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I see the bubbles! I think the stencilling is really effective too. I always forget to use those on a card. Great for an ocean-loving friend for sure!

Tristan said...

Great interpretation of the sketch and wonderful textures. Thanks for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge this fortnight. Tristan DT.