Friday, July 24, 2020

Christmas Wishes

Happy Friday, everyone!  Hope you have something fun planned this weekend....other than mowing the yard, that's what I have planned!  I made a fun little Christmas card for you today, as there seem to be many Christmas in July challenges around!  First, let's get to my card:


I am in LOVE with this sketch; it's from Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of my sweet friend Jen, who is one stamper I really admire! 

It also uses the colors from Fab Friday and the Christmas in July challenge from The Spot:




I started my card by diecutting a bunch of the little leafy diecuts from Forever Flourishing dies and adhering them to my card front, using a circle die as a guide.  Usually I draw a circle, but I just laid the die itself on my cardstock and adhered around it.  Worked great!  I used some little glue dots from a Paper Pumpkin set and curled them up around a piercing tool to adhere the diecuts without a gluey mess:


I stamped the ornament lineup from the new Little Treats set, once in each challenge color, and fussy-cut a few of them out to line up beneath the sentiment, which is from Banner Year.  The die is used is from Tasteful Labels, and I had to extend it a bit to fit the sentiment.  On the inside, after a disastrous attempt at stamping directly on to the inside (let's just say this stamp got a LOT of trimming after my initial attempt), I stamped this sentiment from Wrapped in Christmas on some white cardstock, added the little doodads at the top and bottom, and diecut it with a Stitched Rectangle die:


Everything got adhered to a pretty Bermuda Bay card!  I did also add some white epoxy dots to my wreath just to dress it up a bit!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

A little more painting of Cassidy's spooky house; we got a new bottle of green paint and she was happy with that color!  We need to add some embellishments...I'll keep you posted!





12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Clean and bright - love it! Cassidy is making good progress too!

I Card Everyone said...

You nailed all three, LeAnne … fresh, bright, Merry, and so darned cute!
Perfect green, Miss C.!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love these colors for a Christmas card, LeAnne! The white wreath is so pretty with the colorful ornaments!

Diane said...

Fun colors makes a lovely holiday design.

Hugs Diane

Heather said...

Dang, LeAnne, this is perfect! LOVE those bright tiny ornaments, what a fun Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Lisa Elton said...

WINNER!!! This is a perfect take on the sketch Leanne, love this! I mowed the lawn today... guess I can be lazy this weekend LOL!

Pat said...

I never would have thought to make a white wreath, but I sure LOVE what you did here on this sharp looking card!

Amanda Mertz said...

I never pictured our challenge colors as Christmas but they totally work with the sweet little ornaments against all the white. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Linda Callahan said...

Those ornaments are perfect for the sketch! Great Christmas card!

Kim S said...

What a fun and creative use of the sketch!! I'd love to CASE it except there is no way I would fussy cut those little ornaments. They look great!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Super cute and perfectly clean and simple! With minimal color you nailed the color challenge and your use of the sketch is top notch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches, LeAnne!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fun and cheerful Christmas card. I love the bright colors of the baubles. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.