Tuesday, July 28, 2020

RR140 Tic Tac Toe

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we use stamps that are least a year old!  We all have them, right?!  This two-week challenge features a fun tic-tac-toe board, and I chose the top row across of diecut, blue and washi tape!

Image may contain: text that says 'Retro Rubber Challenge #140 die cut or punch punch blue blue washi tape tape twine rectangles embossing easel card pattern paper sympathy tic tac toe! (choose at least 3 elements across, down or diagonally) July 28, 2020 August 7, 2020, theme challenge #rrcb140'

So here we go:


I know this is a bit more of a pale teal than a true blue, but it's such a pretty shade, I just had to go with it!  My sentiments are from a Papertrey set called Holiday Wishes.  I purchased it used, and I found a post on Splitcoaststampers from 2009, so I know it's at least that old!  It was stamped in Lost Lagoon on a Very Vanilla card base.   I added a diecut (Swirly Snowflakes) from a piece of CTMH glimmer paper; to make it easier to adhere to my card, I peeled off the back layer of the glimmer paper and added an adhesive sheet to it; it was a bit tricky to get all those little pieces poked out, but it made it much easier to adhere!  The washi tape is from Simple Stories; after adhering my snowflakes, I just added a strip above them:


The sentiment on the inside is from the same set; I used my stamparatus to make sure I got good coverage!:


So, will you share your retro-stamp creation with us this week?  The grid provides lots of inspiration for you!  Can't wait to see what you create---just make sure you use stamps that are least a year old, and be sure to tell us the age (as closely as you can) in your post!  Meanwhile, check out what the DT created while you're there!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Holiday Wishes (Papertrey 2009)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Glimmer (Close to My Heart), Adhesive Sheets
 Ink Lost Lagoon (ret)
Accessories Washi Tape (Simple Stories)
Tools     Big Shot, Swirly Snowflake Die (ret), Stamparatus

7 comments:

Karen in Florida said...

Lovely card! I have Swirly Snowflakes but never used it. You have given me some Christmas card inspiration. Thanks!!
Happy Birthday!!

I Card Everyone said...

A very beautiful, cooling treat for this hot morning, LeAnne! Thanks!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Pretty design, pretty color. I have everything I need to CASE :-)

Lisa Elton said...

This is frosty and fabulous, love the sparkle!

Bonnie said...

A perfect color for these sparkly snowflakes!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Very pretty - CAS with a sparkle is always good in my book!

Claire Grantham said...

Those snowflakes are divine! I love a bit of Christmas in July! And who can blame you for choosing this beautiful sparkly paper, it's blue enough ;) Cx