Wednesday, July 29, 2020

FMS446 You Old Goat

Happy Wednesday!  Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday, and to all who sent me cards!  I'll be sharing them throughout the week!  My niece also has a special birthday coming up, and she and her hubby just bought a couple of goats to add to their little farmette!  Can you guess what set I used to make her card?


Yep, Way to Goat!  This is a slimline card, inspired by the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week by Linda:

Linda's sample says 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" will fit into a business-sized envelope, but I made mine 3 x 7 1/2", as my goats seemed to fit on it better!  I have to give a shout out to my friend Karen, as she very kindly stamped, scanned and cut all these little guys for me since I don't own this set!  I colored them a wee bit with a Smoky Slate Blend, then added a few party hats from Bonanza Buddies, and mounted them on some Birthday Bonanza DSP:




I added some more DSP on the inside and a few more diecut sentiments:


Hopefully, at 30 years old, she'll know I am just kidding when I called her an "old goat"!!!  And funny story....we have a diary from my grandmother, I think the date is 1911, and she mentioned in one entry that "the old goat" was coming to visit....we're not sure, but we think it might have been our grandfather, her future husband!  So I guess old goats just run in the family!  Thanks for popping in today!

A little artwork for my birthday!





She even autographed it for me, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Way To Goat
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Bonanza Buddies DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Pompoms (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Tasteful Labels Dies, Smoky Slate and Pink Pirouette Blends, Color Lifter Blend

13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, and that gorgeous artwork too! I always get the kids to sign their art just in case they get famous, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, LeAnne! One of these years I'll get the day right... but then how would we keep celebrating??
love your old goats!! they don't look baaaaaaaaaaaad at all on this slimline stage!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Well now these goats just make me smile! This card is adorable! Happy Day After Your Birthday! Hope there was cake!

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, my, goat! Your slimline is so perfect for these baaaad boys and girl! I'm sure your sister will love it, I certainly do. Your design and papers are great. I also love that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with the art work. Goats are one of my favorite animals and I even like to eat them but don't tell your sister unless she plans on doing that too ;-)

Bonnie said...

What a fun card, LeAnne! I believe this will be a popular set! Those birthday art projects are treasures!

Carol L said...

So sorry I'm late, but I hope you had a very happy birthday yesterday! Looks like a fabulous card there made by Cassidy and judging by the size of it, her heart is just filled with love for you :) Love the old goat card and punny sentiment inside, and the reference mentioned in your grandmother's diary is so cute and funny. What a priceless treasure :)

Lisa Elton said...

They don't look a day over 29!! This is super cute and I think she'll love it to bits. Happy belated Birthday wishes again...I never remember!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Love the card design. Your art work gift is great too
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Now this is adorable and perfect for Linda’s slimline cad challenge! These goats are a favourite of mine - I love how yours are dancing along the card. Happy birthday wishes wishes for yesterday - I posted your card so long ago I did forget to pop by yesterday and wish you a wonderful day! Hopefully it arrived safely and your day was fun! I see some priceless artwork from the pen of miss Cassidy too!

Frenchie said...

Omg , she’s so grown up and beautiful and she has beautiful handwritten,
Great job Cassady

Hugs me Frenchie ♥️♥️♥️♥️

alma.heijenk@gmail.com said...

lovely card, very funny these goats

Colleen Begley said...

Ok, this is seriously cute! I saw this set and debated. I may have to order it. I love the background paper too. I must have it somewhere, LOL.

Karren said...

Those goats are just the cutest! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.