Saturday, June 20, 2020

Two Cards, Three Challenges

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Hope you have some family plans set up this weekend....I am looking forward to ours, I know!  I needed to make a Father's Day card for Wayne, so I went searching for some challenges and came up with a sketch challenge from Inspire.Create and a color challenge from CAS Colours and Sketches (I hope it's CAS enough!):

I had gotten this Clearly Whimsy Ocean Journey set a long time ago and I don't think I've gotten it inky once!


I stamped the images in Night of Navy, doing a little paper piecing for the boat (upside down anchors---hopefully he won't notice!), adding some trim from the Playful Pets combo along with a few diecut stars:


Both sentiments, inside and out, were from different past Paper Pumpkin kits, both diecut with Stitched Rectangle dies:




My second card is for the Color My Heart Dare challenge, which is monochromatic yellow:


I already had made this card but hadn't posted it, so it was perfect.  I think this is my favorite paper from the Flowers for All Seasons DSP pack:


I just layered a panel of Bumblebee, diecut with a Nested Layers die, over top of the DSP and mounted it on a Whisper White card.  The sentiment is from Here's a Card, stamped also in Bumblebee.  Simple but oh, so pretty!  I added a few Gold Gilded gems for fun:


And Cassidy made a card for her daddy (she already had one for Wayne), and as you know, she has her own style:

Rocking the Stamparatus:


Got all her images and sentiment stamped in black on Merry Merlot (she really likes those dark colors!):


And I was quite impressed with what she did on the inside, and it was all her idea!  She die cut "DADDY", then formed an acrostic for each letter!  And of course, added some hand-drawn hearts as well!  I hope Daddy appreciates it!


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Ocean Journey (Clearly Whimsy), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Night of Navy, So Saffron, Real Red, Whisper White, DSP (ret)
 Ink Night of Navy
Accessories Playful Pets Ribbon, Candy Dot (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Star Die (Verve), So Saffron Blend

Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Here's a Card
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Bumblebee, Flowers for All Seasons DSP
 Ink Bumblebee
Accessories Gilded Gold Gems, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Nested Labels Dies

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Guy Greetings (ret), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Merry Merlot, Basic Black, Adhesive Sheets
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Little Letters Dies (ret)

16 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the cute little boat card but my heart belongs to the yellow one - wowsa, so impactful and I love it’s simplicity- I am going to CASE later! Cassidy s becoming quite the cardmaker isn’t she? I love how she is developing her own style. Great acrostic greeting too!

Wendy said...

By the looks of it Miss Cassidy & you have been really busy in the craft room this week! 3 cards is pretty awesome today! Love the Father's Day card for Wayne! He will appreciate you thinking of him! And that yellow flower card stole my heart! Simply Gorgeous! And lastly, Miss Cassidy's card is pretty amazing! She's becoming quite the little crafter. I especially loved the inside with her description of her Daddy! A job well done by you both! Enjoy your weekend! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

When I saw the inspiration photo for the yellow challenge, I wanted that rose in my garden! I do believe that particular DSP pattern is my favorite too. I have a card laying on my desk that is half finished using it. Glad you found the challenge and good luck. Just think of how much the fun would have tripled if Dana had been there making one for John! I'm so glad you have this time together. You're the best Grammy ever! Happy Father's Day to the men in your life.

I Card Everyone said...

Enjoy your weekend, LeAnne... I think both of these Father's Day cards will be loved. So cute! Well done, Cassidy!
Now let's talk about this gorgeous yellow rose covered beauty - outstanding DSP - gorgeous yellow cardstock, love the die's detail!
=]

A.Rose said...

The way you did the roses are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

Lisa Elton said...

Two delightful Father's Day cards LeAnne! Cassidy did a great job and the inside words will be treasured for sure! Your rose card, oh my goodness, what a stunning creation!

lisa808 said...

LeAnne, your sailboat card is darling. And, I always like monochromatic cards.

Cassidy, awesome card!!!

Bonnie said...

I love this red, white and blue with the pop of yellow card, LeAnne! So cheery and fun! And that paper is perfect for framing! Love how you've framed it! Cassidy is so clever and creative! She did good!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I LOVE Cassidy's card... obviously she takes after grandma in the creativity department. Then... oh my goodness... can we talk about the yellow card! It's a showstopper. What a fabulous take on the challenge. Oh, yeah... and I your nautical red, white and yellow, too. You have just the right amount of yellow to make the other colors pop.
hugs
jaydee

Alyson Mayo said...

I love the stamped section behind the opening - this is so incredibly pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

What a great card, I adore that sailboat! I love the squiggley line representing the waves/water. Great use of the colors for the challenge this week. Love it! Thanks for playing at CC&S.

The Color My Heart Dare card is gorgeous!

Love the fathers day card, my daughter loves creating her own cards as well - she is in a circle of friends that believes homemade cards is way better than anything out there, they are all little crafters. Makes my heart sing!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

That floral paper is gorgeous and loving the framing you selected and using the negative die for your sentiment... beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Jeanne said...

Love how you combined the challenges! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the first card with that cute little boat LeAnne but oh my goodness, what a stunner your yellow rose card is! The die cut frame is beautiful and showcases the flowers perfectly and I like your tag and gem grouping too. Cassidy's card is fabulous too - I love the front with its black on merlot, but the inside is a riot of creativity with the freehand hearts and the acrostic message! Vicky x

Cat Nowak said...

Love the flowers behind the polygon shape and how you carried that shape for the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the boat card - but think your yellow card is stunning!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Love Cassidy's card too - excellent design!
Susan