Friday, June 26, 2020

CAS Christmas Poinsettia

Happy Friday, peeps!  Looking forward to the weekend? I am! Meanwhile, I have an uber-simple Christmas card to share!  It fulfills two challenges, the June Rudolph Days, which is Anything Goes, and the CAS Colours and Sketches sketch:


I must confess, this card went together in a flash because there's only a wee bit of stamping, the rest is all cardstock and some beautiful digital papers I recently purchased from Gracellie Designs:


Because of the orientation of the poinsettia, I flipped the sketch.  The image actually has the vertical and horizontal design as part of the image...how convenient!  I had a piece of retired Tranquil Tide cardstock laying on my desk, so I layered my digital printout on top, then layered them both on a Naturals White card.  The download also comes with some "weathered" plaid paper, so after printing that out, I stamped a sentiment from Merry Christmas to All in Real Red and diecut it with a banner die:


Isn't that a gorgeous image?  The only other thing I did was add some faceted gems; here's the inside, also from Merry Christmas to All in Real Red and Tranquil Tide inks:


Making Christmas cards is a great way to keep cool, right?!  At least that's what I tell myself!

We made some cookies early yesterday morning so the kitchen wouldn't be so hot with the oven on:


This look on her face means she snitched a couple of chocolate chips from the dough!  She needs to build up some more muscle before she can really mix it up, but she was giving it a college try!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Merry Christmas to All (ret), Digital Rustic Winter Wishes (Gracellie Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White, Tranquil Tide (both ret), computer paper
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Faceted Gems (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Banner Dies (Nestabilties)

12 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the look on Miss Cassidy's face! Chocolate Chip cookies sound pretty yummy but around here they would go to waste so I don't make that kind of stuff anymore. Your Christmas card is beautiful, LeAnne! I have never used any digital paper but I must say that this turned out pretty awesome! Love that poinsettia! TFS and have a wonderful weekend! :)

Linda Callahan said...

That paper is gorgeous! Beautiful holiday card! And I have been known to snitch some chips myself!

Kampin' Karen said...

Well, you certainly had your card creating mojo on with this beauty. You are so good with digitals. Yum, my favorite cookie...especially the raw dough (I know...bad!)

Lisa Elton said...

So elegant and lovely LeAnne! I like the way you've tucked the sentiment in there. I recognize that face on Cassidy! I have a chocolate chip snitcher of my own LOL!!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this paper is gorgeous, and conveniently perfect for the challenge! Such a gorgeous card - you've allowed your love of vintage shine through, with just a touch of country with that sweet plaid!
=]

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow! It's a stunner LeAnne! Sometimes the simple ones are just the best!
Looks like you have a cookie monster there - I recognise that expression!! Vicky x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What lovely paper LeAnne - nothing wrong with a quick card sometimes! Love Cassidy’s expression too - chef’s privilege I think!!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a stunning card Leanne. Thank you for taking part in this months Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue xx

scrappymo! said...

Lovely card. That sure is beautiful design paper!

We have had a mixture of hot, humid days and nights mixed up with damp dreary and very rainy days...also very humid. Ugggh. I can handle the hot and the cold, even the rain...but HATE high humidity days.

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

Holly's Handmade Card said...

What a beautiful holidays card!! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

YoonYoung Kim said...

Wow!! You chose the perfect paper for the sketch. :) So beautiful card, LeAnne. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

That poinsetta is such a beautiful image! Well done, this truly is a clean and simple card. Am I ready for Christmas crafting, no, but it is getting to be that time. Beautiful Card. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S