Thursday, June 25, 2020

TicTacToe #70 Summer Fun

Hello again, peeps!  It's time for the X team's Tic Tac Toe challenge!  Shannon is our hostess and here's her grid:

No photo description available.

For my card, I chose the left column of polka dots, sequins and summer!  I pulled out the retired Day at the Beach to make some yummy popsicles:


I stamped them all in Memento Black ink, then colored them with Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight Blends:


I colored them in with some Wink of Stella for sparkle, and added matching sequins around each one:



My yellow paper is from Honey Bee's The Bee's Knees, and I used Stitched So Sweetly and Wonky Stitched (My Favorite Things) dies along with a past Paper Pumpkin sentiment. Here's the inside:


I have just the recipient in mind for this card!  And hang on, there's more!  Felicita very kindly offered to let Cassidy be the Junior Guest Designer this week!  She chose the diagonal line of polka dots, coloring (of course) and sparkle for her "unique" card:


She stamped her ballerina from the retired Sweet Stuff and colored her outfit with a purple sparkly gel pen:


She wanted her to be dancing in the rain, so she stamped and punched out an umbrella from Under My Umbrella in Gorgeous Grape DSP, then curved it so it would be 3D, then used a couple layers of dimensionals to pop it up.  We gave her a raindrop background, but Cass also wanted to create a rainbow, so she hand-drew one and added a polka dotted sun, also from Day at the Beach.  Finally, she drew the "road" and coated it with Wink of Stella for some more sparkle (not sure what that was all about!).  I thought it was very creative and unique and apart from a little coaching from Grammy, she did most of it herself!  Thank you, Felicita, for asking her to participate!

I hope our Tic Tac Toe grid has some fun elements that inspire you to get creative!  Be sure to check out what all the designers did this week at the TTT blog!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!




6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love your post today! Sweet summery popsicle card and a delightful card from Miss C! Adorable!

Rene from OZ x said...

Amazing card Cassidy, great imagination.
Rene from OZ x

Lisa Elton said...

How cute! Lovin' the sunny polka dots behind those popsicles! Cassidy did a marvelous job! Her card is adorable. Love the dimension she gave her umbrella!

Vicky Hayes said...

Nothing says summer quite like polka dots and popsicles! Just lovely! Love Cassidy's dancing-in-the-rain ballerina too with all those hand-drawn elements - such a hopeful card. Vicky x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two for one - awesome! I love your sunny bright card, with the colourful lollipops- full of summer sun! So pleased we have Cassidy as junior guest designer this week - she has done a fabulous job with her dancing ballerina! Love the dimension of the umbrella (and her choice of purple, I love purple!) and her free form rainbow is lovely. I totally understand her need for the road with the Wink of Stella; I love the way the rain sparkles on the pavement (sidewalk) after a storm - sometimes you even see rainbows there too! What a great job Cassidy! We should have a JGD more often!

Greta said...

I had fun playing with you guys this time--thanks for having me! Love your summery treats card & Casidy rocked it!