Saturday, June 13, 2020

Cassidy's Card

Hi peeps, another post today....this one is technically from Cassidy.  When she saw the Tic-Tac-Toe board from my recent challenge post, she asked "Can I do the challenge?"  I said "Of course!"  Here's the challenge board:

She decided to do the diagonals of flip flops, sunset, and free--I guess you could say watercoloring is her free space.  (She's still learning technique, so be gentle!)  


I decided to show her how to use a broad paintbrush to create sand, water and sky, so we got some inks, water and a brush.  I didn't give her watercolor paper, but I wish I had, because she really did pretty well with the background:


She wet the paper, then added Hello Honey ink, then added some "sand" with an Itty Bitty Background stamp.  Next, she did the water with Pool Party and the sky with Crushed Curry and Flirty Flamingo.  She insisted on drawing the sun setting and the reflection with a Mango Melody marker, and added the birds with a Night of Navy marker:



Her final addition were a pair of flip flops (in her signature dark blue) from Impression Obsession, and I can't for the life of me remember where this sentiment is from....maybe someone can help me out!


Anyway, she is very proud of her card and is looking forward to seeing on the TTT blog!  Thanks for popping in today....and she wouldn't stand still to let me take a picture, so here's a blurry one:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

18 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Cassidy did a wonderful job. I kind of like the rough spots on the paper because it wasn't watercolor paper. I'd like to see her do it again with different paper. The flip flops are da bomb! The sentiment is from "Here's a Card", I believe. You both are a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cassidy....you ROCK...super job. I love all that you do so much. I love your spirit. You are not hesitant in trying anything. I have loved watching you grow here with your Grandmother...

Vickie said...

You ROCK Cassidy. Such a super job. I love that you have so many interests and willing to try. It has been a joy watching you grow here with your Grandmother . Keep it up

Carol L said...

It just melts my heart to see children take an interest in making cards, and Cassidy did a fantastic job! She learns well from her grandmother and has the greatest smile! I love the beach scene with flip flops and her water coloring is great! You did well Cassidy, looking forward to more of your cards in the future!

I Card Everyone said...

Way to go, Cassidy!!! It's a gorgeous painting, and I love that you're hanging out with Gram!
WWCD!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Wonderful work, Cassidy! Thanks for sharing your creation with us!

Lisa Elton said...

Woohoo, great job Cassidy! I don't know what beach that is, but I want to go there!

Bonnie said...

Yay, Cassidy! What a beautiful sunset! I love the reflection in the water and would love a pair of flip flops just like these!

lisa808 said...

Wow, Cassidy!!! Awesome card! Great job on your water coloring.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Well Cassidy, you created a fabulous beach scene, I wish I could just go and lay down on the sand just listening to the waves crashing on the beach.
Love the flip-flops and the colors of the sky are lovely.
I bet you love being in your grandma's craft room, keep making more cards and sharing them with us.
Sending lots of hugs.
Maria Rodriguez.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous beach scene Cassidy! I love the way you created texture with your sand and those flip flops are fabulous! You have me dreaming of beach vacations now! You did a great job with our TicTacToe board this week!

Rene from OZ x said...

Wow Cassidy, fabulous card.
Rene from OZ x

Cheryl said...

Cassidy,
What a pretty Card! Great Job! Your watercoloring skills are far better than mine! Your Gramma is a great teacher, you are learning from good talent! Keep up the great work!

laurie said...

I had to come check out your card Cassidy. You did an awesome job with your watercolor background and the flip flops are SO fun!Love your beach scene!

Wendy said...

LeAnne, she is gonna grow up to be a SU demo one day! Miss Cassidy did amazing on her card! I can't watercolor to save my sole and she created that entire beach scene! Bravo to her & well done! And I love the saying, too!

Lorraine said...

That is an awesome card. She really put that scene together so nicely. Great to have a grandma that shares her tools and her knowledge.

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

OMG! Cassidy, I'm screaming Future Tic Tac toe challenge Design Team. I'm super excited you wanted to play with our Tic Tac Toe board this week. I love the detail of your beach scene makes me want to go to the beach. I did this past weekend. Thank you Cassidy for playing along with us at Tic Tac Toe challenge this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Miss C did a wonderful job! beautiful beachy scene!