Wednesday, June 3, 2020

CAS Christmas Guest Designer

Hi everyone, happy Wednesday!  I am excited!  The sweet gals over at CAS Christmas asked me to be a guest designer for their current challenge!  You know I said YES!  Here is their prompt:

image.png

I knew just what I was going to use for my card and I went right to work:


I started by embossing a Whisper White panel with the Subtle EF and adhering it to a Gold Foil mat.  I used some deep gold glimmer paper that SU had a couple of holidays ago and diecut it using my favorite Lil'Inkers bell die.  I just love the little details...and I saved some of those wee little stars that popped out to embellish my card, too!  I adhered them to a Mossy Meadow greenery diecut:




and added a tiny little tag on which I stamped "Noel" in Delicata Gold ink.  And you can see a couple of those little stars!  Clean, simple and easy!


How are you making out with your Christmas card stash this year?  If you haven't started yet, this would be a great time!  Be sure to check out what all the designers have created at CAS Christmas and get inspired!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

This little petunia seeded itself in our driveway.  It reminds me of the Bible verse from Matthew 13: 20:  "Truly, I tell you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard (or petunia) seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you."  Lately, I am feeling the need for some faith like this little petunia's!  How about you?



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Sentiment (Sweet & Sassy)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Gold Foil, Joyous Noel Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Gold Delicata (ret)
Accessories Gold Trim (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Subtle EF, Tiny Tag Punch (ret), 1/16" Hole Punch, Greenery Dies (Tim Holtz), Bell Dies (Lil'Inker)

22 comments:

Brebda said...

I agree with your statement about needing the faith of a mustard seed. Lately, all I can do is cry when I think of the lives lost. I am grateful to have The God Who hears and sees on my side. He seems to rush in with feelings of peace and comfort when I need them. Thank you for sharing that. The christmas card was very pretty too.

Kampin' Karen said...

Congrats~and your card is lovely. You've really got your Christmas cards goin' on!

Claire said...

This Christmas card is so elegant

Julia Aston said...

Love your bells layered over the lovely pine LeAnne! How wonderful to have you guest designer here this month! And what a lovely verse to illustrate the single petunia growing through a crack in the hostile tar! xx

barb mann said...

Love this LeAnne - Great design + Actually pretty easy too - LOVE that!

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection LeAnne! Those Lil Inker bells are one of my favorites and get a workout every year, so I was happy to see someone else really likes them too! And you used my favorite embossing folder too...I am constantly reaching for that Subtle ef!! Lovely, lovely card and thanks so much for being out GD this month...we love having you join us LeAnne!! :0)

Loll said...

It is a sad time ... this little petunia says "hope" to me. Look how it's flourishing in your driveway.

I love your beeautiful gold and sparkly jingle bells LeAnne! So pretty over top of the greenery. The texture on your card base and those little gold stars add something special to your design. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Christmas!

Lisa Elton said...

That pine swag, those bells, the tiny tag...they all add up to fabulous! Congrats on guesting LeAnne, you rocked it. Leaning on my faith helps immensely during these difficult times. Seeing that pretty little petunia gives us hope.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful LeAnne your die cut bells on your pine cone swag is so pretty. the sprinkle of gold stars from the die is perfect. Thanks for being GD this month for us at CAS Christmas :)

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card, LeAnne! I love your subtle embossing on the background and how you placed your gold sparkly bells on the greenery...so elegant! So happy to have you as our Guest Designer for June ~ Barb

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations for being chosen June's CAS Christmas Card Challenge's Guest Designer:-) I love your glittery die cut bells, sweet little leftover stars and die cut boughs with the little tag. Perfectly CAS card design, LeAnne. TFS Stay safe and Creative. Hugs..Nancy

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A beautiful CAS Christmas card LeAnne and a sweet petunia too! I guess where there’s a will, there’s a way. Keep the faith!

I Card Everyone said...

Truly beautiful, LeAnne … I love your little pine swag, and glittery bells! CAS perfection... and so is your sweet Petunia!
=]

Kim S said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Beautifully CAS but such wonderful detail! And thank you for the inspiration from the petunia.

Bonnie said...

Wow! I'm going to save this to CASE, LeAnne! Love the greenery with the contrast of the sparkly bells! And that little tag is adorable! How special to have the petunia reseed itself in the driveway and bloom! God gives us special gifts where we least expect them!

Trina P. said...

So beautiful. The glittery bells layered over the greenery die-cut is CAStastic. Using the punched out stars to embellish is a great idea as is adding a tag (you should enter the Christmas Kickstart tag challenge this month). Thank you for being our guest this month.

lisa808 said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer! So well deserved. Beautiful card and design.

Linda said...

LeAnne, what beautiful gold, shimmery bells to adorn your pretty greenery. Lovely card and thanks for being our Guest Designer on CAS Christmas.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is such a fabulous CAS Christmas card, LeAnne! The deep gold glimmer bells look amazing and the little stars and the tiny tag are so pretty!
The subtle embossed background adds a warm feeling to the card.
Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer for this month!
Hideko xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your shimmery trio of bells, LeAnne! They look amazing on the pine bough and I love the sweet sentiment tag!! Congrats on GD at CAS Christmas!!

Susan said...

I love the way you used the same bell dies that I used! The gold glimmer paper is a lovely contrast to the green cs of the branch behind them. It is a perfect CAS card! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card LeAnne, those bells look fantastic in the shimmerry gold, and what a great idea to use the tiny star pop outs too. Love how you've arranged them on the greenery. Thankyou for being our guest at CAS Christmas, Cathy x