Monday, June 22, 2020

CAS Snowflake

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend.  We spent some time with our family, which was really, really nice!  That meant I didn't get any time in my craft room, but I was up at 3:30 this morning, not able to sleep, so I started a couple of cards and finally finished one of them up.  Why is it that CAS cards are not so simple?!  Anyone else have that issue?  I just want to add more stuff! 

Anyway, the Addicted to CAS challenge this week is one layer; Christmas Card Throwdown wants snowflakes, and Krafty Chicks wants clean and simple!

 
          

  So here we go:


I began with a Thick Whisper White card base and stamped the large snowflake corner stamp in Misty Moonlight ink on both corners.  I added a few extra snowflakes in Balmy Blue, then stamped a sentiment from the retired Merry Christmas To All in Night of Navy.  I used my Stamparatus to get a good, dark image, then stamped over it with Versamark ink and heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder:


It really made the sentiment stand out!  I stamped another snowflake and sentiment from two past Paper Pumpkin kits on the inside, and it was finished!  I didn't add any sparkle, gems or ribbon!  CAS it is!


Cassidy and her cousins spent a LOT of time in the pool yesterday....they were moving so fast, I barely got a chance to take a picture:


I would venture to say she slept very well last night!  Thanks for popping in today---enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Merry Christmas to All (ret), Paper Pumpkin kits (ret), Frosted (Kaiser)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Whisper White
 Ink Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Versamark, Balmy Blue
Accessories Clear Embossing Powder
Tools     Heat Gun

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

CAS is a fickle thing, LeAnne … and truly means different things to many people. I think this fits the bill beautifully!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love how you've stamped the snowflakes in two colors and that fantastic large sentiment! That pool looks so inviting!

Lucinda said...

This is a beautiful card. I love how you've enhanced the corner stamp - I was trying to work out how you'd done it in two colours, it looks like it's meant to be! Simple and elegant, and so pretty. Thanks for playing along with the 52CCT this week.

Becca Sadler said...

LeAnne: FAB snowflake theme Christmas card!!! Thanks for participating in Week 3 of 52 CCT that I'm hosting! With that huge gorgeous corner stamp, you really can keep the rest simple! Beautifully made!--Becca/DT

Lisa Elton said...

I think you worked CAS magic on this one LeAnne, it's wonderful!

Lorraine said...

This looks so crisp and clean!

Wendy said...

Love this! CAS cards are sometimes difficult for me too but I think you did an awesome job on this one! Love the different color of blues and that big sentiment in between! Well done, LeAnne! Hope your staying cool in this heatwave!

Netta said...

I have stamped this type of corner stamping with flowers but never thought of something like snowflakes. fits perfect with our theme at 52cct! good luck