Sunday, March 11, 2012

Paper Players 86, FMS23, RCC43

DSCF6578
Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope you’re enjoying your weekend….we spent yesterday in Philadelphia at a wedding and then the Flower Show!  But now, for today’s Paper Players Challenge, which is a beautiful color selection from our leader, Lesley:
 
It has been a long time since I did anything but a card for ANY challenge, so I thought I’d do some 3D items for my take on these pretty colors!  First, let me share my card with you, which uses Lesley’s Freshly Made Sketches sketch for this week (which I LOVE):
And here’s my card:
PP86a-LeAnne
I “forgot” that Lesley’s requirement for the FMS is that it be clean…..and I did do a little distressing on this, so I hope that’s okay!  I used images from Established Elegance stamped in the challenge colors in a collage style, and a little sentiment from Tiny Tags.  I used some felt to make those cute flowers that are all over blogland, so this qualifies too for the Ribbon Carousel challenge 43 this week, which is to use felt!
DSCF6577
Of course, having these large flowers mean that this card would be difficult to mail in a regular envelope, but they are so fun, I did them anyway!  I also played with some Polyshrink and made the little medallion:
DSCF6575
If you’ve never used this before, here’s the process:
  • sand the Polyshrink in order to accept the ink better
  • stamp your image in Stazon
  • punch or cut out; be sure to add a hole for the string now if you are making a tag, and thread your string or ribbon through it
  • add some color with pastel chalks; the colors will intensify when you shrink the plastic, so a light touch is all you need
  • heat it with your heat tool until it stops shrinking
If your medallion is a little warped, you can press it on a firm surface with the back of a wooden block while it is still warm and that will flatten it nicely!  You can usually find the Polyshrink at your local craft store; I used white here.
Okay, I do have some other projects to go with this, but I’ll save them for tomorrow!  I don’t want to bore you too much today!  But be sure to stop over at the Paper Players blog to see the other gorgeous creations that our Design Team has to share with you!
Cassidy has been dealing with a terrible cold, but still has her playful sense of humor!  But just look at that little chapped “moustache”:
DSCF8008
Thanks for visiting today!

21 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a great card LeAnne! I love those flowers you made.

Linda Fisher said...

A fabulous fun card! Thanks for the polyshrink tutorial, how about one for those really cute flowers and bow? *smile* Isn't Cassidy just the best even when under the weather.

Frenchie said...

Ohhhh, bless her little heart, I hope she gets better quick ,
Ms Leann, I love your flowers , I don't think iv seen them yet, please show me where I can go to cas them !
Thanks.
Frenchie
Have a blessed Sunday !

Nancy said...

LeAnne, this is such a lovely card, fabulous colors, but over the top felt flowers, I LOVE 'em!

Jen Timko said...

Those flowers are fantastic, LeAnne! May have to figure out how to make them. The little tag is such fun. Still looks clean to me. Glad you joined us at FMS!

Nance Leedy said...

Those felt flowers are fabulous LeAnne--love their loopy texture. And the shrinky-dink medallion is a way cool technique!!

jengd said...

Color me silly but how do you make those flowers? I've seen them on projects but thought they were bought. Fabu card!

Rita W said...

What a gorgeous way to use those colors. I LOVE those flowers!

Betty Benton said...

So glad Cassidy still feels like playing -- I noticed her "stache" first thing!
Your card is beautiful with touches of fun! Hope Lesley doesn't slap your hand over at FMS!!

Charlette Finley said...

This card is wonderful. Love the colors and I LOVE the flowers! TFS

None None said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! I especially adore those flowers! Something else to try someday.... along with polyshrink. Love this card and it's perfect for today - spring ahead!

Lesley said...

What gorgeous flowers LeAnne, love how you stamped the images lightly in the background too, so pretty! I have a few of those chapped mustaches in my class too...poor little thing.

Sue Wieberg said...

I love everything about your card. The felt flowers are spectacular. I've been wanting to make some of those. You just inspired me to do so!

Linda said...

Poor little girl!
I love your card. The layout is great and those flowers are amazing.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne - this is the first time I've seen those flowers and I have to say they are amazing. Love the colour combo! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! Cheers Narelle

Jen Mitchell said...

Good gravy LeAnne those felt flowers are GORGEOUS! The whole card is GORGEOUS!

Heidi said...

LeAnne, looks like I'm not the only one who is dying to know how you made these felt flowers! :) At first glance I thought they were pre-made...now I'm even more impressed with your card! Love all of the soft colors together and the extra special touches. Are you saying you basically created your own background paper?! Genius! So beautiful LeAnne...love it!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, your card makes me smile! I just ordered the die for those flowers last week and now I'm even more excited to receive it! Eeek! As always, I really like all of the fabulous details you add to your cards. That bitty tag is darling. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend! Hugs! :)

Jenn Picard said...

LeAnne, this card is amazing! Those flowers are fantastic and I love the collage of stamped images. And wow that polyshink tag is way too cool-love everything about this card.

Ann Schach said...

Your card is fabulous, LeAnne! Like everyone else, I LOVE those flowers! Looks like you care going to need to do a flower tutorial! lol Have a great week!

Darlene Gabriel said...

LeAnne, I love this card. The colours are so pretty together. I love the stamped backgrounds and those felt flowers -- how beautiful.
Poor Cassidy with her chapped skin - I pray that she is healing as I am so late with my comment here.