Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bonus Stamping Time!

  DSCF0124

I didn’t have to babysit today, so I got a little extra stamping time!  The first card I’ll share is for the Sugar Creek Hollow Steampunk challenge:

DSCF0118

This is probably cleaner & simpler than they prefer, but it’s easier to mail that way!  All the images are digital, printed on some Basic Grey paper.  I added a little chipboard pennant embellished with some brads.  It’s a perfect masculine thank you card!

My next card is for two challenges:  Create with Connie & Mary‘s color challenge 195:

and sketch 32 from the Stampin Queens:

SQSC27-002

and here is my creation:

DSCF0122.JPG-1

I have to admit that these colors were challenging, for sure!  Really out of my comfort zone, but after seeing the designers’ creations, I went for it!   I again did fairly clean and simple and used some of my favorite SU products:  the Two Tags die, which I shortened; the SAB Fresh Vintage set (you have a couple more days to get this!), and the floral punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.  Both papers are from Just Add Cake.  I “dyed” some Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon by coloring it with my So Saffron marker!

One of Cassidy’s favorite things to do outside is pull her saucer along---snow or no snow!  I thought she would enjoy giving her little stuffed toy “Moo” a ride as well.  She was having none of it---she placed him back on the driveway and went on her merry way without him!

167_5686

 167_5684

167_5685

Now I am off to bake a cake! 

14 comments:

Deb said...

I love the clean and simple look of your card! You did a super job of putting the challenge colors together! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Linda said...

Love both cards. Very cool.
That is so cut that she set the cow up on the sidewalk, Adorable!

Linda Callahan said...

Poor little Moo! And just the word Steampunk makes me smile - love it! And I loved your bunnypunk from yesterday!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Great cards today. I like that paper on the first card. I love how you put the colours together on the second card - you nailed it. I agree those would be hard colours to work with but good for you for pushing forward and pulling it off so well. I just finished doing a couple of cards totally out of my comfort zone too.
Too bad Moo couldn't go along for the ride with Cassidy.

The Wired Angel said...

Love your steampunk card, LeAnne. It's perfect for our challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow. Thanks so much for joining us this week.

And the cow getting a ride.. how cute is that??!!?

Holly Young said...

FANTASTIC steam punk card! and what an adorable story about your little girl LOL

thanks for joining us at SCH this week!

Holly SCH DT

Linda Fisher said...

I agree the colors for this challenge would be difficult for me as well, BUT your card is a winner in my book! Look at Moo just begging for a ride!

Connie Babbert said...

Yes, challenging colors, but you nailed it! Love how you tucked the tag! Thanks so much for playing along with the Sketch Challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Sharon Wheet said...

LeAnne, I just love how you used these colors together! and I'm sure your time spent crafting has given you a re-charge.
Aren't kids the funniest! I don't know why Moo couldn't ride along, but they have their own thought process.
Thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC. I love the 'tag' you chose. very creative!

Mary Brown said...

LOVE your cards LeAnne - especially how you used the tag in your card and tucked it behind the strip. These were challenging colors but such a good look! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Denise Willerton said...

these cards are wonderful LeAnne ~ love this vintage card and I think you nailed the colours that you were struggling with (would have never know that...fabulous card)...and Cassidy, well you make me laugh and I'm still giggling...poor moo!

Nance Leedy said...

Awww, poor little Moo just wanted to have fun! Looks like you had fun with these cards LeAnne. You nailed all three challenges and am so glad you joined us at CCMC!

Debbie Henderson said...

This card is so cute, especially the tag. Love the way you used the colors in your layers. Nice to see you at Create with Connie & Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

I really like the saffron inked image on the tag. That looks great! Nice card layout. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!