Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ColourQ127

DSCF6544

It’s Tuesday and that means ColourQ!  Here’s our beautiful color combo from Arielle today:

cqc127

My sweet friend Wendie let me borrow her new SU set Mouthwatering, along with the cool scented embossing powders that go with it!  A perfect set for this challenge:

CQC127-LeAnne

It’s hard to tell here, but the watermelon was inked first in Versamark, then again in Calypso Coral, then embossed with the Melon Embossing Powder.  It really does smell yummy!

DSCF6543

I added some fun polka dot papers, some embossing, and a little bird.  How about those seeds?  I used my Triple Layer Blossom punch with some Chocolate Chip cardstock – they’re from the center of the flower!  I have been waiting for just the right chance to use them on something!  And this cool sketch is from Arielle as well!  She’s started a sketch blog called Retro Sketches, and this is the first one!  Isn’t this cool:

I had a lot of fun playing with this one!  If you have any questions about what I used for my card, feel free to email me—my address is on the right sidebar!  Meanwhile, I hope you can play with us too.  We have had so many wonderful creations lately, it’s getting more & more difficult to choose winners!!!  That’s a good thing, I guess!  So be sure to hop over to the CQC blog to see what Arielle and the other designers have come up with this week!

I don’t have a changing table, so we have a little “station” set up on the spare bed; apparently Pumpkin thought it was a good spot to nap!!

DSCF6557

She is learning to be “nice” to the kitty!  Especially while she is sleeping!

 DSCF6560

20 comments:

Kim Evans said...

What a happy, happy card!! I can almost smell the melon from here! I love your little trim of polka dot embossing on the side. You are one talented chick!!
Have a great day,
Kim xoxo

Denise Willerton said...

oh this is fabulous LeAnne ~ love the seeds...I've been looking at those too, but was stumped....guess the cold & snow doesn't make me think about gardening seeds, watermelon etc! LOVE this so much! Enjoy your day :-)

Linda said...

Very cool and rented too! Wow.
Oh Pumpking She looks too comfy to wake.

jengd said...

Very cute- the bird's a nice touch. :) I have some of the "smell-em" powders on my SU shopping list- looking forward to getting and trying them. Pumpkin is doing better than our one cat. "She" is ok with Liam more or less. He can touch her once or twice before she's done but she'll lay on me while I read to him at night and won't budge in the hall if he goes by. "He" on the other hand still won't Liam within 4 steps of him. Given that Liam's now over 4 1/2, we've got a cat developing serious neuroses on our hands. Cat is SO jumpy. :)

kat said...

LOVE the rick rack pieces on the card! I must remember to do this more often! You always come up with such darling ideas PLUS I get to see Cassidy; what a sweetie!

ChristineCreations said...

What a fun card LeAnne! The cut out watermelon, the ric rack for the 3 strips and that cute little bird on top. Wonderful composition!

Marisa said...

This card is too cute, Leanne!! Great job using this week's colous! Loving the ric rak.

Linda Fisher said...

Such a FUN-tastic card for both challenges! All kinds of wonderful detail! Cassidy looking as if to say..."can I touch pumpkin?" then as if you gave her the ok. Isn't she a SWEETIE!

kasia c. said...

Oh LeAnne! This is soooo cute! I LOVE the ric rak strips and the cute little birdie sitting on the slice of watermelon. As always, you make THE cutest cards. :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

So yummy!! Love the gorgeous colours and bright design. Those ric-rak strips are too, too cute!

Unknown said...

LeAnne, i think you and I have a shared love of polka dots! This fresh, pretty card is super yummy, in more ways than one! FAB take on that RS sketch & the watermelon is just so happy! :) **hugs**

Arielle H Gordon said...

This card couldn't be more YUMMY!!! I love it! You're so sweet to play with the RS sketch!!! {Hey Cassidy, you little princess!}

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love how you've used these colours. I can just imagine how delicious this card smells. I love the rick rack strips and the polka dot paper.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Is that your granddaughter in the photo? She and your card are so darn adorable! So glad you played along with us in our first challenge at Retrosketches!

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne, I love everything about this card. Your papers, the ric rack and that watermelon.

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! That watermelone is so cute!

Melina said...

This is so sweet LeAnne! I love the watermelon :)
Your pics are cute. The kitty needed some R and R! :)

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, LeAnne! You are right this was the perfect stamp for these colors and for the sketch as well. No I don't do know how to do everything, I just try and do what I can better, but thanks for the compliment and sketches really come hard for me! I love all your pictures of Cassidy, but I love this one with her kitty!

Marlena M. said...

Woah, scented embossing powders? YUM! I love the fresh fruit goodness here-so cool!

Baby girl is so sweet-she's getting so big!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow what a gorgeous creation! Love all the elements you added to the card especially the partial polka dot embossing!