Thursday, March 29, 2012

Frilly and Funkie

DSCF0112

The Funkie Junkie, Linda Coughlin, has started a new challenge called Frilly & Funkie.  The first challenge was yesterday, and I couldn’t wait to play!  Although I love vintage style creations, they do take me forever to do!  Thankfully, their challenges are every other week once they get started!  I printed out a vintage Easter postcard, mounted it on Pool Party card, and added some vintage embellishments:

DSCF0113

Most everything was a little scrap from here & there!  There is a little bit of stamping, and I dyed the seam binding with some Pool Party ink.  Here are a couple closeups:

DSCF0116

   DSCF0115

If you have any questions about anything on the card, just shoot me an email (be sure to include yours as well so I can answer!). And how about some gymnastics?

DSCF0106 

DSCF0105

Thanks for visiting today!

12 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

Ohhh! I love vintage too. I will have to check out this new challenge! Great vintage postcard. Love the little stamped bunny in the upper corner.

Linda said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne. Love the vintage image.

Cheryl M. said...

Your card and your photos are adorable.

Denise Willerton said...

your card is wonderful LeAnne ~ I too struggle with vintage creating, but I think you've nailed this my dear ~ I'm heading down to play in my studio...hmmm let's see if I can find my mojo....feeling a little like Cassidy ~ stuck ~ LOL ~ enjoy your day :-)

Diane Noble said...

So, so sweet! I love the frilly and funky look...you did a fabulous job with the challenge. All those wonderful vintage pieces are delicious! Love the card and your sweet little gymnastics princess!

Terry said...

LeAnne, that has to be the most sweet image with those little girls coloring Easter Eggs! Gorgeous layers and beautiful vintage feel! Thank you so much for entering the first Frilly and Funkie challenge!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, the colours really do work well together. Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us for our first challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Kate Yetter said...

Oh, so cute!! I love it! The colors are so vibrant and vintagy.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh LeAnne, this is just too sweet. I love that image. Will have to go scouting around for it for my vintage collection. Your colors are just gorgeous and the mix of patterns on the paper is delightful The glittery panel is a perfect accent.

Thanks so much for joining us. I am so thrilled that you took part in the fun of our first challenge and hope you will be a regular at Frilly and Fancy!

Hugs,
Linda

Candy C said...

Gorgeous vintage Easter card! I love the colors and the layers. It's beautiful! <3 Candy

Linda Fisher said...

What a lovely Easter card. The color combo is STUNNING! Back in the day....I used to be able to do what Cassidy is doing! lol

Tammy Roberts said...

What a sweet vintage card LeAnne... I love everything about it but, my favorite is the darling vintage Easter image you used! I am happy you joined in on the first challenge at the Frilly and Funkie and hope to see your work again and again.

Tammy :)