Wednesday, July 10, 2024

SC&S Blessings

Hi, stamping friends!  Simply Clean & Simple is having their first anniversary, and since I needed a quick card for an older couple who just joined our church, I thought CAS would fit the bill!  I know they used to own a sailboat so the little image from Choose Happy was perfect:


My card is 4 1/4" square; I used the Perennial Postage dies to cut a square of Summer Splash DSP.  (I actually used a rectangle postage die, but ran it through twice to get the smaller shape.) I colored in the sailboat with an aquapainter and Summer Splash and Poppy Parade inks:


I added a Poppy Parade mat, and a sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs was heat embossed on a Poppy Parade banner.  I added a couple resin stars at the bottom to balance it out.  A Close to My Heart sentiment went on the inside:


When this couple first visited our rural church, the lady and I both swore we knew each other from somewhere....we live in a small community and she's a bit older than I am, so our options were limited about where we might have crossed paths.  But it came to me a couple of weeks later that we both were in a women's Bible study just before Covid!   Unfortunately we didn't get to spend too much time together until the study shut down, but we have enjoyed renewing our friendship at church!  

Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Choose Happy, Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs), God is Good (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Poppy Parade, Summer Splash DSP
 Ink Versafine Black, Poppy Parade, Summer Splash, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals, Resin Stars (ret), White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Perennial Postage Dies, Heat Tool

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

A darling way to welcome your new church-mates, LeAnne! LOve that little sailboat!
=]

Karen in Florida said...

Your card is adorable!!! So simple and so cute! I love the colors, too!
Kudos, LeAnne!

Tracy Grauer said...

What a great card for these new church friends! I love CAS!

Lisa Elton said...

How CUTE is this! Love the colors and that sweet sailboat!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable!

Diane said...

A fabulous nautical card and love the color combo of the red and teal!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
Diane SCAS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}
NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}