Saturday, July 20, 2024

Enjoying the Beach

Happy (late) Saturday, everyone!  I finally got my chores done today and had some time to stamp...lots of fun challenges out there this week!  I chose the FMS sketch, the Color Throwdown colors and the beach theme from As You See It:


I pulled out a bunch of different dies, cardstock and stamps and this is what I came up with:


I have always loved just walking along the beach, looking for shells!  When I was in about fourth grade, my grandmother brought me back from Florida a little shadowbox with a clear lid; inside were adhered several different shells, with their names underneath.  I was mesmerized by those shells and took them to many "Show & Tell" days at school!  They've long since disappeared but I remember them fondly!  Anyway, I diecut some shells, starfish, sand dollars and a seahorse from Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride and Soft Sky cardstocks for my little collage.  Each one was stamped with a texture-type stamp to give it a little more interest, and sponged around the edges.  I used the bubbles and seaweed from Sea Turtles along with a sentiment from Papertrey, and I added some pastel sequins as well.


A woman in the activities area in the retirement community where Dana works is retiring, and since they've had me there twice to do some stamping activities, I thought I'd send her a card!  I actually got to use the retirement stamp from Gone Fishing, too:


Fun card and fun sketch!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sea Turtle, Gone Fishing, Timeless Textures (ret), Label Me Bold (ret), Vintage Picnic Sentiments (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Basic White, Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride (ret), Soft Sky (ret)
 Ink Smoky Slate, Craft White, Blushing Bride (ret), Soft Sky (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins from my stash, Sponge Daubers
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, From the Sea Dies (Cuttlebug), Seashell Dies (Impression Obsession)

11 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great LeAnne! I just love the beachy theme! Love the shells! I also love shells and loved when people brought me back shells from their vacations! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Bonnie said...

A wonderful childhood memory and a perfect retirement card!

I Card Everyone said...

You have a wonderful collection of treasures from under the sea, LeAnne - so beautiful in these perfect sea-worthy colors!
I love that you had a grandma and especially one who would give you such a wonderful gift that you'd remember it your whole life! I had a little friend when I was about 5 who had a real [once live] starfish and a huge conch shell that you could 'hear the ocean' in ... I coveted them so badly!
As mentioned, we don't have anything so grand as this in our salt-free ocean... but we do have quite a collection of the smoothest stones from our walks on the beach!
=]

Jan Clothier said...

Well, you know I'm alway in for a sea scene and this one is a stunner. I love the soft colours you've picked. The detail of the dies, along with the soft texture stamping and sponging, makes them exquisite. Even the sequins are perfect. You have absolutely rocked this challenge, LeAnne. Thank you for sharing with us at As You See It.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty card, LeAnne and the wonderful colors. But it's the story of the gift your grandmother gave you that I love the most!

Broni said...

Wow! I love this so much, LeAnne!! Perfectly beachy card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet card and sweet memory!

Karren said...

Adding the stamped texture to the die-cuts really adds so much interest! Fabulous beachy card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Deborah Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne - love the seahorse! Thanks for sharing your favourite beach activity with us bat As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

LeAnne, I just love beachy cards, and I love how you've taken elements from different sets to create a great one. The colours and textures are perfect and your story to go along with it is heartwarming. Thanks for filling in our blank at As You See It Challenges!

Jane Knudsen said...

LeAnne - this is spectacular! The challenges marry well and I am in love with the colors you used! I am feeling beachy! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!