Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Inspired By Seashells #297

Happy Tuesday, peeps! This heat wave is really affecting my mojo....I think it just melted away!   I couldn't come up with anything amazingly original, so another beach-themed card is on deck today; this one uses a wee bit of inspiration from Inspired By's prompt:


I just got the Seaside Wishes, so I couldn't wait to put it to use, along with an older background stamp.  Here we go:


I used the Pretty in Pink starfish as my starting point and decided to keep the pink hues rather than the bright ones in the photo.  I stamped and embossed the sand dollar with Flirty Flamingo ink, and the coral (what IS that thing, anyway?) was diecut from Calypso Coral.  It was too dark for my liking, so I sponged some white ink on it to tone it down...much better!


To bring in a little blue, I stamped the cheesecloth image in Balmy Blue on Basic Beige, and added a sentiment from the same set. 


 My final additions were some "sand"stamped around the edges and some pink sequins!  I can't wait to play with this some more!  Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Seaside Wishes, Cheesecloth (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Beige, Calypso Coral
 Ink Balmy Blue, Pretty in Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Craft White, Basic Beige
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins from my stash
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machinke Seaside Wishes Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Sponge Dauber

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Such a pretty seaside card, LeAnne.
I have to admit that the one thing I miss about living on a 'salt free' ocean is missing out on seashells and star fish and such. But jellyfish and sharks? Not so much!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Believe it or not, I have that background stamp. I love your card and will be CASEing it! TFS.

Linda Callahan said...

I love your beachy card! The stamped netting is perfect as a backdrop! And I hate the heat - way too hot here too!

Bonnie said...

I'm still trying to figure out what that thing is, but I love it in coral and all these sea treasures on the cheesecloth background!

Tracy Grauer said...

I like your card. That cheesecloth background is great and the Seaside Wishes bundle is calling my name! Sorry it's so hot but I think you still have some creative mojo left! Great card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is a great take on the inspo photo LeAnne - I love the pinks with the blue cheesecloth behind. I would never have purchased that stamp, yet every time I see you use it I love the effect.

Anonymous said...

I think that die cut "thing" may be the underside of a sand dollar. I don't know why it would be a die if that's what it is. You made nice use of it as a "coral"...well done:)

Karen in Florida said...

Lovely card, LeAnne! I wish I had the Cornish Heritage Farms cheesecloth stamp...very cool!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty pink sea treasures and that nifty background stamping! Fabulous card, LeAnne1

Wendy said...

So pretty, LeAnne! You make the best beachy type of cards! Love the colors of your shells and the added Cheesecloth background. This heatwave has been brutal and definitely melts away the mojo! Stay cool!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! Love the pink. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~Laurel

Kim S said...

I love the background with those lovely pink shells. Those sweet and peaceful colors is exactly how I like to think of a beach scene!