Friday, January 28, 2022

Vintage Fusion

Happy Friday, peeps!  I haven't made a vintage-style card for a while, and I loved the sketch at Fusion:


I got some new papers from Kaisercraft called Pen & Ink, and this is what I came up with:


I did flip the sketch because I wanted the floral image to be oriented from the left.  I stamped a sentiment from Friend Are Like Seashells, then added some punchouts from the pad as a horizontal border.  I dyed some Crinkled Seam Binding with some Gray Granite and Soft Suede ink and made a shabby bow as an embellishment:


For the bottom element, I cut another piece from the pad, rounded the edges and tucked it under the border:


My final embellishment was some gold pearls!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends Are Like Seashells
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White (ret), Pen & Ink DSP (Kaisercraft)
 Ink Early Espresso
Accessories Metallic Pearls, Crinkled Seam Binding, Gray Granite and Crumb Cake Reinkers
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), 3/4" Circle Punch (ret)

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, this is an awesome card! Wish you did videos, I'd love to make that beautiful bow!!

Vickie said...

Well done LeAnne..love this. Great bow using seam binding and staining it. I do believe I have some from my mother.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I seldom use it [why?] but I will always have you to thank for sharing the microwave trick with that seam binding! Noone does a bow quite like you - gorgeous! Speaking of... OH that paper! Just a beautiful rendition of that Sketch!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

You are the queen of fabulous vintage cards! This is pretty, LeAnne!

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a nice vintage/chabby chic card. Well, done!

Linda Callahan said...

Well now this is oh so marvelously vintage as only you can do! love it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh my - so fabulously feminine and vintage! The kind of card I just wish I could make - you make it sound so effortless LeAnne!

Claire Grantham said...

Oh LeAnne, I am with Joanne, I always wish I could make cards like this! Mine look like a mess when I try lol. Great way to use the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge this time. Claire DT