Monday, January 24, 2022

CAS in Blue

Happy Monday, peeps!  I gave my blue-hued ink pads a workout yesterday, as I needed two sympathy cards and I found a couple of CAS challenges that fit their bill.  The first uses another one of the masks (stencils) that I've been playing with lately; this time I used the butterfly one:


After stenciling in Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight and Pacific Point, I added a sentiment from Eden's Garden and some speckles from Color and Contour:


I added a blue rhinestone and mounted everything on a Balmy Blue base.  It fits the bill for the SUO CAS challenge as well as the Krafty Secrets CAS challenge!

My second card uses a Hero Arts stamp that I normally think of as a Christmas image, but I thought it would work well for a wintery sympathy card:


The image was stamped in Misty Moonlight, as was the sentiment from Special Moments:


I popped up the panel on dimensionals and it's ready to go.  It fits the Double D challenge for this week of blue and white winter:


I used the upper left photo as my inspiration!  Thanks to Diane, I am also entering it at Colorful Options  challenge:



Thanks so much for popping in today!  

My pancake-making helper!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Pay attention and listen to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach, for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips." Proverbs22:17-18

First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Eden's Garden, Color and Contour
Card stock & Papers     Balmy Blue, Basic White
 Ink Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight, Pacific Point
Accessories Pretty Peacock Rhinestones (ret)
Tools     Blending Brushes, Butterflies and Flowers Decorative Masks

Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Special Moments, Winter Trees (Hero Arts)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White
 Ink Misty Moonlight
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools    

16 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Very soothing cards. I especially like the tree card. Have a blessed week!

Wendy said...

What pretty cards! Gotta say that I really love the butterfly card with such pretty colors! I hope to play with my masks this week! And your tree card is perfect for a sympathy card! I always love when you use that stamp! TFS and have a great day, LeAnne!

I Card Everyone said...

Wonderful cards - are the 'speckles' stenciled, too? Yes, that midnight blue is perfect for this wintery night scene!
=]

Heather said...

Gorgeous butterfly, LeAnne! Love your blue theme, and perfect iridescent pearl to go with! Such perfect choices for a loving sympathy card... Thanks so much for playing at SU Only!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh you do know how to sing the blues! I love the wintry sympathy card1

Lisa Elton said...

Love the sentiment with your pretty butterfly and the peacefulness of the trees! Two wonderful cards, LeAnne. Cassidy looks like she's getting so tall!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Both your cards are stunning! I love butterflies so of course it’s a pretty card. And there’s a wow factor to a navy blue scenic evening with white silhouette trees. So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

Diane said...

Wow, both cards are absolutely stunning! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D. Did you know there is a new challenge Colorful Options and the color for January is blue? A nice prize to be had too! It also fits our winter theme at Four Seasons!
Diane DD DT{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Colorful Options}
{Four Seasons}

Darlene said...

Both cards are just beautiful LeAnne (no surprise there!) Love that wintry scene and yes I think it works perfectly for a winter time sympathy card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Blue & White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Are you aware of the new color challenge that began just this month? It’s called COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE and the January color is BLUE … I hope you’ll come share this beauty with us.

Darlene said...

Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
Darlene
COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Makira said...

Both of your cards are precious! Thank you so much for joining us this month at the Colorful Options Challenge. Cheers, Makira CO DT

Diane said...

Yeah!! Happy you joined our challenge at Colorful Options with your beautiful card!
Diane CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Birgit said...

Two very pretty cards! Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D challenge. Best of luck to you!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Two very beautiful cards! Thank you for much for playing along with us at SUOChallenges.com and we hope to see you again tomorrow for our new challenge!

Angel said...

I came to your post from the SU only challenge and I was going to talk about how your simple butterfly made such a stunning card. Imagine my suprise when I found a second gorgeous card on your blog post. I love the color palette you used for both cards. They have such a serene, peaceful feeling.

Christy Lynn said...

Your stenciled butterfly looks amazing and I love the little rhinestone accent. I think your sympathy card is gorgeous too--I always tend to gravitate towards blues and greens for sympathy cards (and lots of other things, ha). Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!