Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Time for Spinner

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  A certain young man is having a birthday soon and I thought it would be fun to create a spinner card for him!  Here's a little peek of this red-headed charmer:

I haven't made a spinner card for a while, so I looked up a tutorial on the computer (can't remember whose it was, sorry), pulled out a dump truck die and some papers with trucks on it and went to work:

I made the top portion of the card a little sturdier by adhering the DSP to a piece of scrap cardstock, then used a Word Window punch to punch out the slot.  After diecutting the truck parts, I mounted them on a Stitched Shape circle and adhered it to a penny with three glue dots.  I punched out a 3/8" circle of Foam Adhesive sheet to use as the spacer, adhered it to the back of the penny, placed it in the slot, then adhered another penny on the backside to the foam adhesive.  I found that a round piece of foam adhesive made the spinner spin a lot better than a dimensional.  I then used a double layer of dimensionals to adhere the top portion to the card front, making sure I didn't place the dimensionals in the way of the spinner.  I added a sentiment and it was done!  


A hint to ensure that your spinner spins nicely is to hold the card upright, not tilted back away from you, and then tilt it from side to side...it spins great as long as the card is in an upright position!  I did include some directions so Sawyer's mom and dad would be sure to know how to make it work!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Handmade Essentials (Scrapbook.com)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Basic Black, Night of Navy, Brushed Silver (ret), On the Farm DSP (Echo Park)
 Ink Night of Navy
Accessories Dimensionals, Foam Adhesive Sheets, Glue Dots, 2 Pennies
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Dump Truck Die (Memory Box), Word Window Punch (ret), 3/8" Circle Punch

6 comments:

Wendy said...

So cute, LeAnne! Your card is a blast from the past! I loved making spinner cards back in the day and haven't made one in ages! Sawyer is sure to love this! That paper and truck dies is perfect for him!

I Card Everyone said...

You are putting a darling spin on an already adorable card, LeAnne - betting he's going to love it! [then take it apart to see how it works?] Love that little darling boy - send him happy birthday wishes from me, too!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun card! That little guy is adorable!

Lorraine said...

Oh my, my GS2 would love this card - anything with wheels these days. Happy Birthday to that handsome little guy!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun, he's going to love it! The birthday card is almost as cute as the soon to be birthday boy!

Vicky Hayes said...

That red-headed charmer is going to love this fabulous card LeAnne! Trucks and interactive elements are a sure-fire way to impress a young fella! Vicky x