Saturday, January 29, 2022

FMS520 Duckling Congrats

Happy Saturday, peeps!  I've got a baby congrats card to share with you today, and it uses one of those adorable little critters from Easter Friends!  This little duckling seemed perfect for that special occasion:


I stamped my little duck on Shimmery White cardstock and colored her in with reinkers, then fussy-cut her out.  Once I assembled my background, I stamped the image again on top of the background DSPs and popped her up with dimensionals.  It's just impossible to fussy cut around all her little fuzziness, so stamping the image again in the background lets the fuzzies show through:


I used the sketch from FMS:


with DSPs from Hand Penned and Pansy Petals along with some borders diecut with the Basic Borders die.  The sentiment from Special Moments was made into a tag and tied with some Bumblebee Gingham ribbon.  It all went on a Basic White card base that was embossed with the Ornate Floral embossing folder.  I just love this little duckling!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

"But Jesus called the children to him and said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.'" Luke 18:16


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Easter Friends, Special Moments
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Shimmery White, Pansy Petals DSP, Hand Penned DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody
Accessories Dimensionals, Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon, Perle Cotton
Tools     Big Shot, Ornate Floral Embossing Folder, Basic Borders Dies, Stitched Circle Dies (Lil'Inker)

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

That is way cute! I haven't inked mine up yet. I guess I better get going on my Easter cards, let alone my Valentines!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this little duckling is perfect for any occasion and so cute with that gingham!
=]

Kathy said...

Such a sweet card, colors pop!

Lisa Elton said...

She's perfect for a baby card, this is super cute!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so cute - I am going to have to get this set! Great tip on double stamping to retain the fuzzies - I will remember that!

Jen Brum said...

This is just the sweetest card! I love that little duckling and the soft colours! So perfect to welcome a little bundle of joy! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Bonnie said...

Such a fun little guy, LeAnne! He makes me smile.

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be and what a great tip about the fuzzies!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well this is just as sweet as can be! And what a great tip to stamp the image on the background before you pop it up with dimensionals.