Wednesday, January 19, 2022

TCC168 Coffee or Cocoa

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  It's time for a new wintery Card Concept challenge, where we share the concept we used to create our cards!  Here's the gorgeous prompt that Julie has chosen for us:

 

I just loved those little cups of cocoa, but I knew there would be lots of cards in the gallery using cups, so I went in a different direction!  I recently got this Tim Holtz Nordic Christmas cover die and thought it would be fun to use!  It's a bit fiddly, poking out all the pieces, but they come out easily! I would call this clean and layered:


I started with a piece of Basic White and ran it through the die, then diecut some selected areas in Chocolate Chip and Evening Evergreen, poking out the diecuts that I wanted to add back in, sort of like a puzzle!  I backed the white piece with some Real Red cardstock, then just popped in my pieces My Evening Evergreen card base is a little larger than normal because I did not want to trim down my die!


For the sentiment, I used the largest house diecut and used a stamp from Itty Bitty Christmas in Real Red, then popped it up and offset it:


My final addition was a checked bow using some really, really old ribbon I've had in my stash!  I would have preferred it to be a little more deeper red (it seems more like Poppy Parade to me) but it was all I could find!  I hope the recipient won't mind!

So what will inspire you from our photo prompt this week?  I hope you'll share your creation with us, and tell us what your "concept" is (the details are on the blog) so we can see it too!  Thanks for visiting today!

How can she be getting so GROWN-UP?!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Christmas
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Evening Evergreen, Chocolate Chip (ret)
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals, Gingham Ribbon (from my stash)
Tools     Big Shot, Nordic Christmas Die (Tim Holtz)

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Love this, LeAnne! That diecut is amazing and I love that you puzzle pieced certain colors! The sentiment fit perfectly on your house piece which BTW was brilliant! Totally awesome and worked well with your challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, I do so love brown added to a Christmas design, LeAnne! What a wonderful die for this challenge!
Cassidy looks like she's feeling much better - and yes, a little more grown-up!
=]

Vickie said...

Such a cute and sweet card LeAnne. Exactly, how can Cassidy be so grown up. It has been delightful watching her grow from this end. Still so pretty….and sweet.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This card is super sweet, I love all of those little cutouts put back together, how fun!! The sentiment fits perfectly in that little house, so very sweet.
Now, speaking of sweet.....Cassidy has grown up before our very eyes, it's a thrill to see how she's been changing over the years.
Thank you for sharing her with us, she is beautiful.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love what you did with that diecut - gorgeous card! And yep they grow too fast - you have beautiful girls!

Lisa Elton said...

What a FUN die and so perfect for the challenge! This is cute, LeAnne! So are your girls! They grow up fast, don't they?