Saturday, December 18, 2021

You're A Blessing

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Tomorrow at church we'll honor our pianist/organist who has made our worship so much more meaningful during the last FORTY years!  Can you believe that?  Forty years!  She has a master's degree in music and plays at nursing homes and for many choruses besides at our little church! She is also a teacher and Dana was her student as well!  So here's the card I made to thank her for all her music over the years:


Although it's technically not a Christmas card, I did use some beautiful Christmas papers from Kaiserkraft, adding a Balmy Blue glimmer paper scallop and a sentiment from Little Delights; the card base is Sahara Sand, and it's larger than a standard A4 card because I wanted to get all of that image at the top:


Since it was a larger card, I created my own envelope with an envelope punch board, and added a scallop of the same paper along the edge:


And I used a large sentiment from Pinkfresh's Scripted Bold Sentiments on the inside:


I am also entering this at the Color Dare 476, where they want to see pastel shades!  I did use a blue shade for my sentiments, so I hope they won't disqualify me!!



Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

"It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp."  Psalm 91:1-3

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Little Delights, Scripted Bold Sentiments (Pinkfresh)
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Silver Bells DSP (Kaiserkraft), Balmy Blue Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Misty Moonlight
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Be Mine Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Envelope Punch Board (ret)

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Wow, that is a long time - how wonderful for your church to honor her! She'll love your beautiful Wintery MUSICAL card, LeAnne. I sure do!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, LeAnne! The DSP is so special and the glimmer paper scallop is perfect. She will love this! I do.

MortiCraft said...

Beautiful card and a lovely story behind it. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Your paper is gorgeous and I love the colors! She will love it and appreciate it so much! I think it's frame worthy! :)

Michelle said...

This is so beautiful! I love the colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Lisa Elton said...

This is extra pretty, LeAnne and she is going to love it! How blessed your church has been to have had her talents all these years!

Denise Willerton said...

such a beautiful card LeAnne ~ your friend will be so pleased to receive this ~ such a wonderful gift ~ have a blessed Christmas xo

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous paper and so perfect for your organist, LeAnne!

Lorraine said...

Beautifully done!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous! I love it!
40 years is a long time to share musical talent. She will love this card honouring her.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Amazing paper and such a lovely card for your church pianist, she will definitely love this card... stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Susan Renshaw said...

This is so pretty!