Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Sweet Little Teabag Holder

Hi peeps!  I haven't made too many gift items this season but I found some really yummy chocolate mint tea bags from Red Rose Tea and I wanted to gift a couple of them, so I set out to make a little tea bag holder.  Actually, my upline, Pennie McCallum, made something similar to this many, many years ago, which helped get me hooked on stamping!  Anyway, here we go:


I used some Painted Christmas DSP to embellish the front, along with an Ornate Frame die, a sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas and some Real Red Cotton ribbon:


First, I measured some Mint Macaron cardstock and cut it to 6 1/2" x 4 3/4", then scored the shorter side at 1 3/4" and folded it up for an inside pocket, trimming the inside edges a wee little bit so there was less bulk.  I decorated the front panels of each pocket, slipped in the tea bags, then tied it shut!


I didn't even put any adhesive on the sides; just folding and tying it together keeps it snug!  I am entering this at Just Add Ink this week, where they are looking for gift packaging!


A few more pictures from the Nativity play:

Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus and a donkey!


The angel speaking to the shepherds (recognize that little sheep?):


The angelic host, jumping for joy at the birth of Jesus!


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.  An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.  But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid.  I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David, a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.  This will be a sign to you:  You will find the baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." 
Luke 2:8-12

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Christmas (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Garden Green, Mint Macaron, Painted Christmas 
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Real Red Cotton Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Ornate Frames Dies, Circle Punches (ret)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the tea bag holder, LeAnne! I have not made one of these in years and I bet that chocolate mint tea is very good! Love the colors & papers you used! This makes a nice little gift for some special tea drinkers! TFS

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little gift, LeAnne! I like the paper and label die. My late SIL used to make and sell oodles of these at craft shows we used to do. She would love this! The kids all look adorable!

Lorraine said...

Oh what a pretty presentation for the tea bags. I'm going to have to look for that one, it sounds delicious. Such a beautiful way to celebrate the season with the littles in their play.

Bonnie said...

A fun way to gift some tea bags and sweet pictures of the children! The best way to celebrate Christmas!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love the tea bag holder. Such pretty paper too.
Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Nativity play - so fun.

Nikki Spencer said...

They are just lovely LeeAnn and sound yummy too! Gorgeous nativity pics as well. Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.xx

Chantell Randall said...

A wonderful project - I am so impressed that you colour co-ordinated the gift inside with the packaging. Perfect colouring.
Love the pic's of the Nativity Play too...a wonderful time for all.
Chantell Just Add Ink