Thursday, December 23, 2021

Two More Christmas Cards

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I'll probably not post in the next few days because of Christmas, so I am sharing TWO cards today because I did some shopping for myself (that way I get what I want!) and had to share some of my new goodies!  The first one uses a Tim Holtz die I got free from Simon Says Stamp (thanks, Michele, for letting me know) along with some starry paper from Photoplay; simple and easy:


I created two snowy hills with SU's retired Sleigh Ride dies, added an older Paper Pumpkin sentiment, stamped in Gray Granite, then adhered it all together; Santa and his reindeer were cut from Basic Black cardstock as well:


Since gray is not a cheerful Christmas color, I mounted it on a Merry Merlot card base and added another Paper Pumpkin sentiment (and stars) on the inside:


And I am entering this one at Hand Stamped Sentiments, where they have this inspiration board; of course, the silhouetted Santa was my inspiration!


My second card uses some new stamps from PhotoPlay called North Pole Trading Company; this little Santa just captured my heart:


I colored him with Blends, then used the coordinating dies to cut him out:


He was mounted on a Tailor Made tag that was embossed with a Tim Holtz "believe" embossing folder and that was all mounted on a piece of black and red glitter plaid DSP I had in my stash.  I added a red glimmer bow diecut to the top of the tag, and I mounted it on a Basic Gray card front, adding some snowflakes from a retired Paper Pumpkin set to lighten it up a bit! His final embellishment, after some Wink of Stella on his beard and coat, was a little snowflake, punched out with a tiny flower punch, on top of his hat!  I used the same sentiment on the inside as the first card.  This one is being entered at Tuesday Morning Sketches, where their challenge is Anything Goes!

Thanks for hanging in there with me and my continual passion for making Christmas cards!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Basic White, Merry Merlot, Luke 2 DSP (Photo Play)
 Ink Gray Granite
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Sleigh Ride Dies (ret), Dash Away All Die (Tim Holtz)

Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps North Pole Trading Company (Photo Play), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Gray, Basic White, Plaid DSP (unknown maker)
 Ink Memento Black, Basic Gray, Craft White, Red Glimmer (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Tailor Made Tag Dies,  Mini Treat Bag Dies (ret), North Pole Trading Company Dies (Photo Play), A2 Christmas Embossing Folders (Tim Holtz), Small Flower Punch (ret), Blends, Wink of Stella

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love both cards and think you might be a winner somewhere along the snowy path. The Santa/reindeer die is one of my favorites. I wish I had known about the "freebie"! Have a blessed Christmas. I think I'll take the weekend off too!

Vickie said...

Love both of these LeAnne. Wishing you and yours a very Blessed Christmas. Vickie

I Card Everyone said...

OH, I'm so happy you went shopping and got that freebie! What a wonderful paper - who says gray skies aren't perfectly cheerful for Santa's ride?
That new Santa is just adorable - and man, do I wish I'd noticed that Believe ef! It's fabulous!
Merry Christmas to you and John - we won't be dropping in, or down your chimney so don't bake extra cookies! lol Sure wish we could!
=]

Heather said...

Love them both, LeAnne, but especially that great silhouette for us! What fun paper to float that pretty sight over, goes great with our Sleigh Ride dies, too! Yay! Love your inside details so much, that sentiment was the best... Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh these are fun, love that sweet little village! So perfect for Santa to fly above! The believe EF is fantastic! Two delightful cards, LeAnne!

Bonnie said...

I got this freebie too and haven't had a chance to even cut it out. :-( Hopefully soon because you have inspired me, my friend! And I love that Santa with the black and white plaid! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Carol L said...

it's good to buy what you want for Christmas isn't it? LOL What a cute pair of fun cards - and I just love that little Santa resting on that fun embossed tag on the 2nd card! Wishing you and yours a wonderful, blessed Christmas eve and Christmas day tomorrow!

Stampin by Genny said...

Two fabulous cards! Love the silhouette of Santa and reindeer and the colors. On your second card I love you embossed the tag and used the plaid layer behind it. Your Santa image was the perfect pop of color on your tag. So glad you were inspired to join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stampin With Leah said...

These are great cards! I love how crisp and clean they both are. You did a wonderful job of capturing the feeling of the inspiration images. Thanks for joining us at HSS!

Debbie said...

Awesome cards!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That