Tuesday, October 12, 2021

RRCB169 Anything Goes

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Time for a new Retro Rubber Challenge, where we give some love to our older stamps!  Today our challenge is "Anything Goes"!!!


I chose to make a clean-and-simple Christmas card using the CAS Christmas Challenge colors of gray and red:


So here we go:


I used some Stamp Market stamps from around 2018 called Candy Cane Christmas, along with a snowflake folder and the Tailor Made Tags die, stamped in Real Red and Smoky Slate.  I added a Smoky Slate second tag, stamped with some white craft ink, and a "bow" of silver glimmer paper!


I love these colors together!  I hope you'll play with our Retro Rubber challenge this week....just make sure that your stamps are at least a year old and tell us their age!  Can't wait to see what you create!

Dana won tickets to a hemp farm hemp maze....sounds interesting, right?  I need to research the farm to see exactly what they do, but they had a lot of fun there. Cassidy took her friend Chloe, and they got to see buffalo (or maybe they're bison, not sure!!!) that were fed pumpkins (the seeds help them with parasites) while on the hay ride (along with someone's pet dog!):



Then on to the hemp maze:





And of course there were the usual countryside insects as well:


I'll share some more pix tomorrow!  Thanks for visiting today; enjoy it and be blessed!
 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Candy Cane Christmas (Stamp Market), Paper Pumpkin snowflakes stamps (retired several years ago)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Smoky Slate, Silver Glimmer
 Ink Real Red, Smoky Slate, Craft White
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Snowflakes Embossing Folder (Darice), Candy Cane Christmas Dies (Stamp Market)

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Love this LeAnne…CLEAN AND SIMPLE…elegant. Love all the photo as well

Kampin' Karen said...

Love your CAS card. I could do the hemp farm maze before I could do a cornfield maze...that scares me! Cassidy gets more beautiful every day!

I Card Everyone said...

I saw a few fields of this on our 'little drive' LeAnne - perhaps they still make rope and twine from it?
I love your card, but I'm betting you're not one bit surprised, right? I even like grey when it's sparkly! lol
=]

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne...love, love, love this card. Truly the perfect red and gray composition! BTW... looks pretty ominous for that day at the hemp maze.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne! Your style and creativity never disappoint!!

Darnell said...

I love the fall photos of the fun day out for Cassidy and her friend and I love your pretty card with the candy cane design. You have such talent for composition and colors, LeAnne! The layered sediment, leaves, and bow and the textured snowflake background are perfect touches! Hugs, Darnell (CCCC GD)

Marcia Hill said...

Sweet, sweet card LeAnne, and just perfect for our red & gray color challenge! I love the bright red and grays against the snowflake background and how they pop against it...CAS perfection!! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful card with us (and the maze photos too!) at CAS Christmas! Marcia (DT) :0)

Lisa Elton said...

You've used one of my favorite winter embossing folders with that darling candy cane! Cute card, Leanne! Looks like a fun outing for the family!

Christine Alexander said...

LeAnne, wonderful texture with your Embossing folder and love that candy cane :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Linda Callahan said...

Perfectly delightful holiday card! And mazes scare me! I am such a chicken!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, this is a gorgeous, elegant CAS Christmas card, love the texture of the background panel, and the fabulous pop of red of the Candy Cane.
Very sweet and sparkly little bow.
Cassidy is getting so big, I feel like I've seen her grow up before my very eyes, she is so beautiful.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO

Julia Aston said...

What a great design using the colors LeAnne! your candy cane really pops off the white embossed snowflake background - pretty tags and stems too! Looks like a fun (although cloudy) day at the hemp farm! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Loll said...

LOVE your candy cane card with the beautiful embossed snowflake background, LeAnne! The gray tag and leaves are just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas.

OK, that hayride and walk through the country looked perfect until the photo with the BIG bug. Yuck! :) I'd be running for the hills. :) Cassidy is so grown up! xx

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, that giant candy cane just does it for me, LOVE the clean elegance of your card. Cx

Susan said...

Great design for our grey and red challenge! Love the embossed snowflake background and the beautiful snowflake / sprigs / tags medley. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!