Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #1

Hi peeps, happy Wednesday!  Can you handle another gray and red Christmas card?  I had originally created this card for yesterday's Retro Rubber challenge, but went in another direction, but I thought I'd share this one as well!  I am going to enter it at the new Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge as well!  What a lovely challenge it is, too!  Here's their prompt: 


While rummaging around in my linen drawer, I found this paper napkin from a couple of years ago..not sure why I saved it, probably just for this reason!  So I set about using it as my inspiration!


After several attempts with different dies and different trees, I finally came up with this one.  Not quite like the napkin, but I am going with it, LOL!


I did some masking on a Basic White panel and then sponged on some Smoky Slate ink, fading it out, then stamped some trees from Winter Woods along the snow line:


The main tree is a diecut from In the Woods dies, and the snowflakes are from various Paper Pumpkin sets.  I used two different dies to create the red ornaments; I decided I liked it better without the ornaments in the background, but I had already glued them on...and they weren't coming off!  I really liked the sentiment from Altenew's Festive Silhouettes; it looks so pretty stamped in Real Red with a little snowflake next to it:



I took my inspiration from both the tree in the upper left corner and the ornaments in the lower right!  So happy you popped in today!

A couple more pictures from Saturday's activities:

Getting directions through the maze:


Almost there:


Made it!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Winter Woods (ret), Festive Silhouettes (Altenew), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red
 Ink Real Red, Smoky Slate
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, In the Woods Dies, Seasonal Swirls Dies (little dots), Mini Treat Bag Dies (large dots), Blending Brush

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

You did a fantastic job with stamping the trees in the background. You also rocked your napkin inspiration. I do agree with you about the ornaments...you couldn't ruin a pretty card by trying to remove them. Just make another one!

I Card Everyone said...

Can I handle another grey and red Christmas card?! Is that a trick question! You bet your bippy I can - and this one is about as cute as they come, LeAnne!
BTW I'm betting you were saving that napkin for a basket liner for some more yummy cookies - Christmas cookies, that is!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, LeAnne! Love the peaceful woods!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this Leanne! Love the trees in the background, they look so frosty. This is marvelous!

Diane said...

What a beautiful card this is and you did a fabulous job of getting inspiration not only from the mood board but also your paper napkin!! Cute pics of the corm maze too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

Oh LeAnne this turned out just GORGEOUS! Great take on our mood board and that napkin ... very clever! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

P.S. Fun photos at the Corn Maze ... will be treasured memories!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, how cute! I love LOVE your decorated tree standing out in the snowy woods. What a lovely scene this is. I'm super happy to see your card in our challenge at Peace on Earth, LeAnne! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

Kathy Krug said...

I love the faded trees in the background they provide the perfect back drop for you beautiful focal tree. Thanks for sharing it with us at Peace on Earth Challenge Blog.
Kathy
POE DT

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

How creative and what fun inspiration too! Will have to go check out this new challenge too.