Saturday, October 2, 2021

FMS505 Big Leaves

Good morning, peeps, happy Saturday!  We are doing a yard sale today, so this will be quick!  I had a leftover diecut circle from this card and thought it would be perfect for this week's FMS sketch: 

The only problem was that it was WAY too big for a standard card, so I decided to make a bigger one!  This is 5" x 7", as I had just gotten some envelopes that size!  I diecut another leaf and circle, backed them with some plaid DSPs and here we go:


My friend Michele has been doing some cool stuff with stencils on her backgrounds, so I was inspired to give that a try as well.  I stencilled lightly with a SU mask and some Sahara Sand ink and I like the effect!  My final addition, after a sentiment from Ornate Thanks, was to add some dots and pearls!


And on the inside, it says "Happy Birthday"!  Thanks for popping in today!

As I was taking things out to the garage for our yard sale, I noticed this little fella (or maybe it's a she?) in my hanging geranium basket.  Thought it could hide from me!



This is definitely the time of the year to see them!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!





5 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Fall card, LeAnne! Love the stenciling on the cardbase and your beautiful leaves! A fun card for the challenge! I have not seen any praying mantis around yet this year. Been killing the spotted lantern flies like crazy, though! Oh, and stink bugs! Good luck at your yard sale! Beautiful day for it! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh to have plaid leaves falling from the trees! Wouldn't that be pretty! Love this, LeAnne and you did a great job with your Michele inspired stenciling!

I Card Everyone said...

OH was this card even MORE delightful in REAL LIFE!! LeAnne, I still can't believe this - it was so sweet of you to give me credit for this stenciling - I NEED to do it more often!
Just loved surprising you, and hanging out with you and John! I already felt like I knew your entire family - and now I really do!
=]

Lorraine said...

Love that background! Great idea. I hear the mantises will eat the spotted lantern flies - don't know if you have them yet in your area. Always glad to see them.

Karren said...

The plaid behind those gorgeous die-cuts really pops! Such a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.